Assistant principal Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Assistant principal Interview Questions

Assistant principal Interview Questions

Assistant principals take on a variety of responsibilities, from overseeing school activities and events to handling teachers, students, and parents, so be prepared to answer a variety of personality and situational questions that will assess your leadership style, conflict-management abilities, and decision-making skills. Employers may ask how you would deal with complaining parents, unmotivated students, or conflicts between teachers. Make sure to highlight your passion for education, levelheaded communication skills, and willingness to offer challenging perspectives to the principal.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Scenario questions. You have a mad parent coming in about a teacher. How would you proceed?

1 Answer

Assistant principals are responsible are expected to handle emotionally charged situations with calm and steady confidence. Take time to listen to the angry parent, evaluate the root causes of the issue, and try to find a rational solution that alleviates tension.

How do you handle discipline and motivate children?

1 Answer

What will you do to improve test scores? Everyone that asks this has a different idea as to the correct answer. Just say you will analyze the data and make instructional changes based on it.

2 Answers

Name a researcher that has influenced on your thinking.

2 Answers

What do you know about RTI?

1 Answer

What does an assistant principal do?

Tell me about yourself

1 Answer

How do you handle student discipine?

Tell us about yourself.

1 Answer

Something about how I embody the mission of IDEA, whether I understood that the position was face to face, describe a time when you had a negative impact on a colleague. They gave me prep time to think of an answer, so I think I did well, but who knows???

110 of 85 Interview Questions