Assistant Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assistant Professor Interview Questions

"When applying to be an assistant professor, you will be interviewed on your research experience, personal teaching philosophy, and technical understanding of your field of study. The university will want to be sure your research interests and teaching style are compatible with the programs you will be a part of. To become an assistant professor is usually the first step taken by students who have received their doctorates on their paths to becoming full professors."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How does my child get a scholarship OR when does my son/daughter get a scholarship OR why doesn't my son/daughter get a scholarship?

1 Answer

Parents are no longer a part of the equation, once young men/women turn 18 and begin college - it's up to them to discuss these things with their parents; the above questions should be handled tactfully, encouraging parents and young adults to discuss with each other their options and the reasons they have not bee selected for a scholarship (ie, poor academics, program involvment, etc.)

How do you see yourself fitting in with the Jesuit tradition? What does your ideal job look like?

1 Answer

How do you refute students if they want to vote for AOC?

Describe your faith journey

1 Answer

How much will you need to set up your lab?

1 Answer

what specific textbook would I use for certain course (one of many offered in the dept.)

1 Answer

Most unexpected question was about how many children I had and how I expected to balance my work load at Maryville with taking care of them.

2 Answers

Strong focus on teaching

1 Answer

You're from PA--Steelers or Eagles?

Why Marist?