Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Assistant store manager trainee interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

No dumb questions like strengths and weaknesses. Straight up grill. All the questions were situation, action, result. 1. Tell me about a time were you had a difficult conversation with someone (performance critique is the best example) 2. Tell me about a time where you had a tight deadline and multiple things to do 3. Tell me about a time where you had a short deadline (one day, as opposed to question two which could stretch out) 4. Something about reviewing profit earned and using that knowledge to branch out into new areas (tanked that question obviously) 5. Tell me about a time where you had coach someone repeatedly 6. Tell me about a time where you critiqued someone's bad performance or teamwork. 7. Tell me about a time where you had to encourage someone. 8. Tell me about a time where you had to implement a plan in which even you did not agree with. That's all I remember.

1 Answer

Vague answers indicate less experience!!

Deals with breaking a rule or policy.

1 Answer

Name a time when you used store financial data to make a decision.

How do you manage an angry customer?

1 Answer

In the first interview, the questions are behavioral. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. How would you handle and angry customer? Tell me about your experience. What is your motivation. What is your weakness?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you had to motivate your team to do something that you did not like doing.

Tell us about a time when you had to make a decision you know would be unpopular.

1 Answer

.Customer Service: When did you go above and beyond in a customer service situation, maybe even taking the time to train a peer on your method to gain customer support. Planning and Execution: Describe a time when you took the initiative to plan an event or designed a method to improve something (sales, training, processes, etc) and how you gained the support of your team mates, how you got their buy in, what was the outcome (hopefully good), what was your part (hopefully leader), etc. People Leadership: Tell me about a time when your peers looked to you for advice/direction because of your skill set

1 Answer

Where do you want to see yourself in 5 years?

110 of 26 Interview Questions