Assistant Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assistant Teacher Interview Questions

Assistant teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do I view childcare and the learning environment?

1 Answer

I view it as an opportunity to teach each child in an individual manner in order to focus on their strengths while being in a group situation. An open and inviting classroom is prime for teachable moments!

How do you handle discipline and motivate children?

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in five years?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work here?

2 Answers

why should we hire you

1 Answer

What is more important for the child?

1 Answer

There was one member of my interview panel who seemed like he wanted to get me flustered. I learned afterwards that many interviewees have that experience. The question I was asked that got me the most flustered was "We see that you have a lot of teaching experience. Why do you think you would be qualified for the CIR position?"

1 Answer

How would you find the distance from this office to the traffic light?

1 Answer

General questions, and some personal questions (derived from application packet/information) - why JET in particular - why are you interested in going to Japan - why are you interested in teaching (in Japan) - Who was someone that inspired/influenced you in your education - mental/physical health related questions; are you able to cope/live well in another culture/country - how would you cope with difficulties (culture shock, mental/health challenges, homesickness, etc.) - Example lesson plan. e.g. Describe where you live to students with limited English proficiency, and use direction terms as the core of your lesson. Because I had mentioned on my application and in my interview that I had studied Japanese for several years, there was also a few questions in Japanese. - Kind of random, but generally easy/opinion-based questions (e.g. how did you get interested in learning Japanese, how will you get students interested in learning English, etc.)

What does ABA stand for?