Assistant Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assistant Teacher Interview Questions

Assistant teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

what do parents do that you wish they wouldn't?

1 Answer

What is more important for the child?

1 Answer

There was one member of my interview panel who seemed like he wanted to get me flustered. I learned afterwards that many interviewees have that experience. The question I was asked that got me the most flustered was "We see that you have a lot of teaching experience. Why do you think you would be qualified for the CIR position?"

1 Answer

How would you welcome a child into the classroom.

1 Answer

How would you plan a class to introduce kids to the ABCs?

1 Answer

person did not know how to interview so it was very easy

1 Answer

General questions, and some personal questions (derived from application packet/information) - why JET in particular - why are you interested in going to Japan - why are you interested in teaching (in Japan) - Who was someone that inspired/influenced you in your education - mental/physical health related questions; are you able to cope/live well in another culture/country - how would you cope with difficulties (culture shock, mental/health challenges, homesickness, etc.) - Example lesson plan. e.g. Describe where you live to students with limited English proficiency, and use direction terms as the core of your lesson. Because I had mentioned on my application and in my interview that I had studied Japanese for several years, there was also a few questions in Japanese. - Kind of random, but generally easy/opinion-based questions (e.g. how did you get interested in learning Japanese, how will you get students interested in learning English, etc.)

1 Answer

Imagine you have to introduce a famous American historical figure to a group of Japanese students. Now talk about that figure as if we were your students.

1 Answer

What are you going to school in, what is your schedule and how many hours are you looking for?

2 Answers