Associate professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for associate professor

Associate professor Interview Questions

1,203

associate professor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

This is a "teaching institution". How will you maintain an active research portfolio given the level of financial support provided for research by the institution?

1 Answer

Work ethic and commitment for contribution to the existing body of knowledge. I teach by example and do not believe in teaching without engagement in the field on a professional level. If teachers are not engaged on this level, they will simply be regurgitating information that has been given to them. Professional development in the area of contribution to the field outside the institution creates credibility through achievement and equity in the community of the field at large.

What is your teaching philosophy?

1 Answer

committee quizzed on my publications research interests. They were concerned bout my teaching philosophy. They asked me what courses I had taught at my previous faculty position.

1 Answer

Identify a creative approach to your teaching style.

4 Answers

What were your previous experience? How would you handle low enrollment? How would you support the new immigrant students?

2 Answers

How do you handle a difficult student?

2 Answers

Are you available to work at (insert day or time here)?

2 Answers

Would you take more than five classes?

2 Answers

Do you have a M.A. or higher?

2 Answers

Would you be willing to provide your money out of your pocket for traveling to required meetings and conferences/

110 of 1,203 Interview Questions