Associate Publisher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Associate Publisher Interview Questions

Associate publisher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Have you sold before, or done any cold-calling, sales process, or the like.

3 Answers

Answer with whatever you've done. Since they have little to no skin in the game - they'll take you on (tell you to go find and build a book of business);

You are so right about Best Version Media. Their business model, the true commission based business model is dying quickly with the resurgence of the general economy. Who wants to go door to door, selling ad space in a magazine that will probably never be published, when you can get a better paying job with benefits at the local hardware store.

The refreshing part of this post, is that it appears to be an actual person with their own opinions and finally not a competitor exposing false statements about BVM. In order for the local hardware store to offer a better opportunity than BVM, it would need to offer these things: 1.) By the second year the average person at the hardware store would need to be earning over $100,000 a year. 2.) They would need to have unlimited vacation time. 3.) The hardware store would need to be the fastest growing hardware store in all of North America and then you would have to x that by 10 in order to be growing as fast as BVM. 4.) They would need to have a position that includes the prestige of publishing a magazine to an influential community interacting with families, local businesses and associations and other members of the community. 5.) The hardware store would need to offer an annual company trip as does BVM to tropical locations and cruises. There are more things the hardware store would need to offer and we hope the candidate finds such a hardware store for himself.

What are your core values

1 Answer

They asked me how I would describe my entrepreneurial drive in the past.

1 Answer

No really difficult questions. Simply questions that addressed the position that I was interviewing. Very thorough and thought provoking questions that showed high regard for the staff.

Who would be your fav person to go to lunch with.

2 Answers

Why I would want to work for Sensi Magazine?

2 Answers

There were a couple of questions regarding trends in open access. I received a small data file and had to explain what I though of the data. Also, how would acquire more clients for Elsevier was a topic that came up a couple of times.

What are your weaknesses and strengths? Which tenet resonates with you the most?

110 of 27 Interview Questions