Associate research scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for associate research scientist

Associate research scientist Interview Questions

2,269

associate research scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you test if survey responses were filled at random by certain individuals, as opposed to truthful selections?

5 Answers

I would design the test in a way that certain information is asked two different ways. if two answers disagree with each other I would seriously doubt the validity of the answers.

This is a very basic psychometrics question. Calculate Cronbach's alpha for the survey items. If it is low (below .5), it is very likely that the questions were answered at random.

We need to find the histograms of the questions in the survey to see the distribution of each answer in each question. All question histograms will likely follow the normal distribution if they are truthful selection. If one response with more than of half of total answers being located outside of 95% confidential interval in each histogram, the response will be categorized as random fall out of mean plus tw

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

We have two options for serving ads within Newsfeed: 1 - out of every 25 stories, one will be an ad 2 - every story has a 4% chance of being an ad For each option, what is the expected number of ads shown in 100 news stories? If we go with option 2, what is the chance a user will be shown only a single ad in 100 stories? What about no ads at all?

16 Answers

If 70% of Facebook users on iOS use Instagram, but only 35% of Facebook users on Android use Instagram, how would you investigate the discrepancy?

9 Answers

Given a random generator that produces a number 1 to 5 uniformly, write a function that produces a number from 1 to 7 uniformly or something like that.

7 Answers

16p + 1 = x^3, and p is a prime number. What is x?

6 Answers

Are you a big-picture person or a detail person?

5 Answers

How would you measure the health of Mentions, Facebook's app for celebrities? How can FB determine if it's worth it to keep using it? If a celebrity starts to use Mentions and begins interacting with their fans more, what part of the increase can be attributed to a celebrity using Mentions, and what part is just a celebrity wanting to get more involved in fan engagement?

6 Answers

A table has a column with full names(e.g. 'Tom Hardin'). write a python code to get distinct first names(i know its super easy in sql)

5 Answers

You have a google app and you make a change. How do you test if a metric has increased or not?

5 Answers

I guess not really a question because I was not asked - but several times the same person said she did not think I would be happy there.

3 Answers