athenahealth Anonymous Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The company is exhaustive in its interview process, requiring phone screenings and multiple on-site interview days. The interview process can be very long. It really wants to ensure its potential hires fully believe in its vision, so it's helpful to review the company Web site. It also seems to be important to be very enthusiastic about the company vision. They will often ask specific questions about products, so make sure to be prepared to speak about them. Fit is probably more important than actual skills, prior employers, or education.

The company seems to be very proud of its innovation and employees compared it to Google in the interview, which can be questionable for someone who has lived in Silicon Valley (possessing bean bags and colorful furniture alone does not make a company similar to Google).

Interview Questions

• The company is known for surprising candidates with a 40 minute case question. It wasn't difficult, but it seemed like an inside joke that interviewers like to take candidates off-guard. Luckily, several current employees who I know warned me in advance.   Answer Question