athenahealth Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

athenahealth Engineering Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at athenahealth

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through an Internal referral.
TLDR: Let me tell you right off the bat neither the hiring manager nor the HR person were professional. They are going through a lot of churn and some employees are not comfortable with the change.
So, with the internal referral, the hiring manager emailed me and set up a time to call me. I took time off from work and waited and waited. No call. That night after 8 pm i get an email that she was called into another meeting. OK. Stuff happens. I get it. then, she arranged for another time. This time too I waited and waited. She did not call me. Again, same excuse and then arranged for a call on the weekend. I took the call on the weekend. Went well. Then HR called arranged for an in-person interview. They flew me to Boston. I get to their office, he did not show up. Finally a lady walks up, telling that the HR guy who was supposed to meet me is working from home and she will take care of me that day. OK Sure.
Then I had a series of interviews until late afternoon that day. I did so much research on their company, the guy who had lunch with me infact asked me if I knew the CIO. Every person I met I asked how they are taking the changes the new CIO brought. Basically, they are asked to be either Individual Contributor or Management. There were some genuine answers like change is hard and stuff others were looking at walls when answering me. they were not comfortable with the situation they were in.
They do not have a process on how to interview a person for Managerial person. They did the same design and coding interviews they had been doing for a Developer.
Anyways, I go off my way and write thank you emails etc etc. I did not hear back after one week. Then i write to the HR guy and no response from him. Then I wait for another week before writing to hiring manager. She did not reply instead had the HR calls me. He said they thought i was great candidate blah blah and blah but they found a greater candidate and he told me that if there's any other position I am interested in, I can write to him and he will help me direct to the respective hiring manager. At the time, it seemed genuine or either, trying to avoid a Bad review on Glassdoor. I am for sure its the second. I sent him an email later, after a few weeks about a position i was interested in, and he did not even acknowledge.

Good luck with your search and if I were you, I'd be very cautious with the kind of hiring freeze and churn they are going through. Also, it's said that they value MBA's even fresh grads from the Boston area.

Interview Questions

• coding interview, design interview, behavioral interview, hr interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for athenahealth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at athenahealth (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in one of the popular job platform. First call with him then second call because he could not finish in 30 minutes, followed by call with hiring manager who clearly had not taken the time to read my resume or be briefed by the recruiter then the recruiter never got back to me or responded to my voicemail or emails. Terrible experience.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at athenahealth in March 2018.

Interview

there was a recruiter phone screen, then the director phone screen and then an in-person interview. Since I am working full-time, I requested to break the interview down in two phases. After the first phase of in-person interview, I was supposed to be scheduled for the next phase but the recruiter sent an email saying that due to a re-org, that position was no longer available.
    I was referred to another department for a similar title and after two rounds of in-person interviews, I was told this position was for an individual contributor and my background is more lead/manager level. What a waste of time. Totally dis-organized company. Would not recommend to any one.