athenahealth Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

athenahealth Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at athenahealth

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief behavioral/resume screen with the hiring manager that led immediately afterwards to scheduling an on-site interview. Received a technical challenge the week prior and had to submit a presentation the day before. Had four back to back 30-minute interviews with some simple technical questions, open-ended culture-fit questions, and the presentation. All left time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for athenahealth

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

I got an interview after an on campus career fair. First round of the interview was 45 minutes of a technical session, one question to see how I answered it. Second round was an interview with a Senior Developer in the company. He spent most of the time telling me about the history of the company that I had already read on. And didn't really find out much about me. The second part was another technical question, this time i had to actually code it. It was supposed to be a test of how well I worked with others, but the interviewer spent the entire time on Facebook.

Interview Questions

• After explaining a programming project I did: Did you do any programming for this, or just data entry?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

Easy Easy EASY technical question that you have 45 minutes to complete. I finished more than 20 minutes early (and was late to interview due to their changing the time the day before...which was a disaster, because I rarely check my school email address). Interviewer was unfriendly, but did say that I found the "optimal solution" to the programming problem.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. It was an easy problem about finding a value in a matrix. Easy recursive solution utilizing a version of binary search.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

I went in for a three hour interview. It was primarily behavioral. But for the programming interns it is not. I talked to four people in my department. It was by no means overwhelming but sitting and talking for three hours was a bit nerve racking.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at athenahealth in October 2014.

Interview

Went to a career fair where recruiters immediately signed me up for an interview for the next day. I was caught by surprised, didn't have much time to prepare. I realized that I had contact with their company previously where they sent all the potential applicants via email the interview question.

Interview Questions

• The questions aren't something you'd find out of a Cracking the Coding Interview. It's very much puzzle-based. The one I had in the interview was about finding a way by moving a die left, up, right, down, to get to a certain spot in such a way that the sum of what is facing up on the die is at the minimum.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I spoke with athenahealth at my campus career fair and had an interview with them on campus a few days later. The interview itself was pretty standard, though it was more design-focused than the questions I had read on here led me to believe. Interviewer was really friendly, and was nice enough to give me some feedback after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• Design a system that uses given data structures to determine if a given medicine could be given to a patient without any conflicts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at athenahealth (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the UX summer internship position through a career fair. I soon had a phone interview and eventually an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of three parts. The first was a short and simple one-on-one general discussion about my resume. For the second part, I was interviewed by two UX members. They gave me a design problem to solve using a whiteboard (or paper). The last portion was for me to present some pieces from my portfolio to two design members. I received an email over a week later, informing me of whether or not I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you go about designing a digital scheduling tool for making doctor's appointments?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

Called after career fair, then on campus interview, very friendly. The question was rather simple, a puzzle. But I solved it too quickly which made me make a mistake, I was no aware I had more time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth in January 2015.

Interview

First round was a technical interview. It was with a woman in a small room and she gave me the question and a notepad. I had 45 minutes. I did not finish in time, but I got close. I got called back two weeks later for a campus interview that had a similarly difficult question, but I was able to code it with my computer. That interview went much better.

Interview Questions

• Move a die from the origin of a grid to a specific coordinate by rolling it to one side for each transition. You have to return the lowest value that the top die sides added up to before arriving at the coordinate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at athenahealth (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a student career fair and was offered an interview for the next day. The interview was one-on-one and consisted of some basic software engineering questions and an extended scenario involving moving a die around the board. Overall, the interviewer was polite and the questions weren't too tough. The only downside was that I was not expecting an interview so soon and would have liked more time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Extended scenario involving moving a die around the board.   Answer Question