athenahealth Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at athenahealth

3.1
HardAverageEasy
Found 15 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at athenahealth (United States)

Interview

Ridiculous interview process. Six interviews with people who would have nothing to do with the role. They also had very little interview experience and read from scripts. Horrible.

Interview Questions
  • If I knew an employee at a former employer.
    2 Answers
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (United States)

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screening and then 5-6 interviews in one day. The interviews were 30-45 minutes depending on cohort level. Once the interview was completed the turnaround time to hear if you receive an offer was very quick. Also, the new hire orientation process is excellent.

Interview Questions
  • What skills do you have that will translate into success in he role you are interviewing for?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at athenahealth (Chennai)

Interview

The recruiting team needs to be little professional and promptly convey to candidates if they cleared the interview or not. If at all some time is required for taking a decision, the same could be conveyed instead of keeping quiet. Did not expect this from a leading healthcare provider.

Interview Questions
  • "What is your CTC ?" after the interview got over. This should have been asked by the recruiter even before calling a candidate for interview.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (United States)

Interview

Recruiter interview - The recruiter is screening you and talking about your experience to see if you are a fit for the role. Casual conversation mixed with key interview questions, Manager interview - If the recruiter feels like you are a fit and passes notes along to the hiring manager. My experience was more of a casual conversation trying to pin down my past management experience and seeing if I was the correct culture fit. I was then interviewed by another manager that was currently in the role I was interviewing for. I was asked more typical behavioral interview questions. F2F Interview in local office - I was asked to meet with 6 people across 3 hours of interviews, more specifically, two people per hour. For each hour about 50% was dedicated to telling me more about the organization so I had a clear indication of what they were about. It wasn't all about drilling me with questions. Questions were a mix of behavioral, legacy and case scenario questions. The company paid for expenses to interview out of town and were very considerate of my schedule. The entire process was very positive. I wanted to go to work for the company because of the way I was treated in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • If an employee exhibited in behavior X given this type of context, how would you handle this scenario? What's the most specific type of feedback you've given a team member? What is your leadership style? Here are a few of the problems our organization is facing... What are your thoughts? What do you do for fun? Tell us more about you? How do you plan to get up to speed on our array of services and products quickly?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Biddeford, ME) in Jan 2017

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview with 2 peer managers. F2F interview with 2 peer managers. F2F interview with 2 newly appointed entry-level team leads. F2F interview with 2 senior hiring managers. The F2F interviews are all in 1 day. Back to back to back. 3 hours of non stop talking and answering the same questions over and over and over again. I will say that the staff was very friendly, courteous, and very professional. My best guess is they are not looking for qualified candidates based on skill and experience. They are looking for someone who looks, talks, and acts just like them. Many companies are calling this company culture.

Interview Questions
  • What do you like to do for fun? How does your personality fit in with the team?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Princeton, NJ)

Interview

Process was pretty quick. It started with a few phone screens with recruiters, followed by the hiring manager. The hiring manager decided to bring me into the Princeton office for an interview with five others over the course of 2.5 hours, one after another. People were nice and professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA)

Interview

Applied online, HR screen, telephone interview followed by an in-person interview with a six people (separately) and a presentation in front of group. Beautiful campus, some of the staff seemed insecure which made be worry a bit about corporate culture.Lots of mentions of "strong personalities" among colleagues (euphemism for a tough work environment???). HR rep did not close process out to describe next steps so that seemed unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing that difficult--How do you work with colleagues to get a project completed
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (United States)

Interview

I was called for an initial phone screen to inform me that they'd like to consider me for a manager role, even though I'd applied to a senior analyst role. Regardless, the phone screen for the manager role went well and they called me back for an in office interview. It was a five hour long interview back to back over lunch with nearly no breaks due to people running late. I had to answer general behavioral questions as well as present a case study that I had the opportunity to prepare prior to the interview. After the interview was complete I heard nothing for a week despite sending thank you notes. I followed up via email a week later and was told that they were still in the process of interviewing candidates, that I was one of the top candidates and that I would hear back within the week. I did not hear back within that time and I had to follow up once again and was told the same that they were still interviewing. Nearly 4 weeks after the initial interview in the office I was told that I was a second choice candidate (clearly they were waiting on an acceptance from their selected candidate) but that they were impressed with my background and that I should continue to look for opportunities at the company. I was told I did not get the role because I did not have the managerial experience that they required for this role even though I had not applied to a manager role to begin with. I found another manager role as well as a few senior analyst roles. When I asked HR about these new roles, they showed interest and said they'd check my resume with the hiring managers but then weeks went by with no response. Ultimately with three applications open I finally got an automated response saying that I was not a fit for current roles and that I should check back at a later date for other opportunities. My main issue with this process is that I wasn't even interviewed for the level I applied at, I was told that there was interest multiple times with nearly no response, and I was never told that I was not a fit other than via an automated response. The whole process is confusing. Come on HR, take a little responsibility and set expectations, and let candidates know where they stand. If you're going to call candidates in for a day long interview at least have the courtesy to respond and let them know they were not selected.

Interview Questions
  • Several questions about behavior personality as well as a case study
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at athenahealth (United States)

Interview

Extremely long, difficult and time consuming interview process. Met with almost 20 individuals for in person interviews (after two phone screens). Interview process itself took the better part of two months to complete. HR was very slow to respond to follow ups and didn't give any solid timelines. I had to take two days off for the interview process alone. I recommend anyone approaching an interview at athenahealth appreciate the amount of time and effort they expect from candidates - and do not expect that they reciprocate that effort from an HR standpoint.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in Mar 2016

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Went really well. Then an interview with 6 different people all in a row. A bit overwhelming. Not even a break. I thought it all went really well. I felt like we talked non stop and I asked a lot of questions. When I was leaving the HR person said, you will be hearing from us soon! Then she winked and said we definitely will be calling you. Then I got an email saying they were interviewing others and they would let me know if that changed. I asked for feedback, do I still have a chance, am I completely out? No Response!!!!

Interview Questions
  • What would your previous manager say you need to improve on.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15