athenahealth Product Innovation Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

athenahealth Product Innovation Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at athenahealth

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Straightforward and consistent. It really helped to have an in-house recruiter dedicated to the process of shuttling candidates through the hiring funnel. I may have badgered her a few times to get back to me with a response but she pulled through with the next step each time. Started with a phone screen, moved into several back to back 1:1's and a 1-hour case study.

Interview Questions

• Standard culture fit (what kind of work environment do you prefer, what is your working style, etc)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for athenahealth

Product Innovation Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

It was a standard interview process. The interviewer was really nice. The interview consisted of standard tell me about your self questions. After that there were questions about expereince. Then there were questions about problem solving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

A recruiter came to campus to interview students, then those who were able to move on to the next round were invited to tour the facility about two weeks later. The tour included a presentation giving more information about the position, and then applicants were interviewed again by different employees.

Interview Questions

• They asked a theoretical design question in which the applicant was asked to think outside the box and consider all angles of a design problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at athenahealth (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through Job Board posting of Health IT program that I graduated from in Nov. 2015. This was a pre-selection screening and had to be approved for a face to face interview. Request got denied even though I met most of the requirements as the only thing that I was lacking was business skills even though this position was listed under entry-level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at athenahealth (Worcester, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

This was a college campus interview that occurred on my campus. Interviewer was pleasant and interested in my qualifications. Met in the Career Center on my university campus. It lasted approximately 30 minutes. If you made it further in the process you were invited to the athenahealth campus for further interviewing; however I was not that lucky.

Interview Questions

• A project that I had worked on in the past that did not go the way I wanted: what would I have done differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I attended an information session and spoke with the recruiter at a school career fair, at which time I was scheduled for a screening interview the next day. I heard back almost immediately from my screening interview, and several weeks later I visited athena's Watertown campus. At my on-campus interview, I met with three senior-level PIs. One interview was a case study, which was pretty fun- my interviewer worked through it with me. The second interview was behavioral, and in the third we mostly discussed athena's company structure and the structure of the PI role. I got a tour of their campus with the other candidates on-campus after I finished my interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't want to spoil the case study, but it was open-ended-- the goal was to see how you work through the problem, not what your eventual result was.   Answer Question

Product Innovation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Asked me who I spoke with at the university career fair, and I didn't have have the names ready.   Answer Question

Product Innovation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at athenahealth in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through my campus' recruiting program and got a 30 minute interview. It mostly a fit interview - we talked about the production innovation associate position, why athenahealth, and my previous experience. They definitely expect you to talk to their recruiters beforehand; my interviewer didn't seem very happy when I told him that he was the first person from athenahealth that I had spoken to.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself after 2 years with athenahealth? What do you hope to learn or gain?   Answer Question

Product Innovation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth in March 2014.

Interview

I had an initial on-campus interview, followed by a phone interview with an athenahealth recruiter. I then had another phone interview with an executive director who invited me to an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 4 one hour interviews, including a problem solving session and an interview with the lead developer.

Interview Questions

• I won't give details about he problem solving session but it was a fun problem to work out. The lead software developer asked specific questions about how to communicate an idea to a developer so code can be written.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting. My initial interview was just a run through of the resume, very friendly, and very open. We talked a lot about the nature of this particular role-- it is very much interacting with their technology, not thinking about where the technology needs to go. The interviewer was an individual who could have been my supervisor, not a HR person, which was really nice. After a week or two I was invited to a second round interview at their headquarters. This was a great way to really get to see the company and understand it better. I had two, hour long interviews, both with senior members of the PI team. One was behavioral, just a resume overview and making sure we were a match. The second was a case interview--not too math-based, more about the ability to analyze a process. They want friendly people who fit their culture, and their mission. They will be incredibly open about any reservations they have, so be prepared to respond well.

I ended up not getting a job with PI, but they connected me with another department to interview with.