athenahealth Product Innovation Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

athenahealth Product Innovation Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at athenahealth

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Asked about myself, work experience, behavioral interviewing questions. Talked through resume, asked about how past experience that might apply in context of work at Athenahealth.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a problem that bothers me and a potential solution using technology.   Answer Question

Negotiation

continued to second stage of interviews

Other Interview Reviews for athenahealth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA).

Interview

There were 4 interviews, each was an hour long and a 1:1. Three of the interviews were about conflict resolution, stakeholder management, and communication. The final interview was a case questions which I posted below.

Walking around the campus was great. It's a beautiful campus and there's a lot of care put into the environment. The floor to ceiling windows bring in wonderful amounts of sunshine.

Interview Questions

• The case question was as follows: You are a consultant being contacted by a manager owning a restaurant in North Dokota. The fracking industry has moved in and taken much of the available labor. The manager is interested in operating the store with as few staff as possible. What do you advise?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The interview consisted of the following:
    - Screening call - week 1
    - Telephone interview - week 2
    - In-person Interview with 3 different people - week 3. 1 hour each with 3 people.

These were scheduled over a few weeks and I visited the Watertown office for the on-site portion of the visits. They were nice enough to schedule the on-site visits concurrently on the same day to accommodate my travel plans.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to put together an on-the-spot case-study to solve a civics problem (toll booth revamp project). The project proposal overview was presented and I was tasked with creating a presentation that would solve the following problem: how can the state of MA move to a completely automated toll-booth collection system. This tests how you think, how you prepare a presentation, and how you present. It doesn't matter what option you choose, just how well you prepare and defend it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Screening phone call, followed by 4, 1hr interviews in a morning where you're in one room and they come in and out. 1st was a culture interview where they talked about the culture and just kinda got a feel for you, second was a "case study" where they have you work through a problem explaining your thinking, then 2 "resume interviews" where they ask situational questions.

Interview Questions

• The case study was about optimizing a restaurant to use less people and how might you use technology to your advantage there   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer called me and told me they were not going to take a lot of my time and just asked like 5 questions within a total of 10 mins. I am still in the waiting phase as of the moment as I was told they would get back to me within the following week

Interview Questions

• What made me consider athenahealth as a choice   1 Answer

Product Innovation Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke offline first with a recruiter who was very open about the process and salary range for the position I was considering. After an initial screen, the recruiter went a little dark, when I asked, he did tell me things were moving on his side. After about 2 weeks, I came in for a series of face to face interviews including a presentation about athenahealth and the PI group. The sessions were good, my only gripe was the whole thing ran from 8:30 to about 2:00 and there was no lunch. After that round, I was brought in for a follow up with the hiring manager and executive of the team. They followed up with an offer shortly thereafter and I was happy to accept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter was pretty open from the first step about salary and compensation expectations. They were able to make a few adjustments, but overall it was a pretty open process and there wasn't any hard negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

One of the worst experience I have ever had. I was contacted by their recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen went on well and was invited onsite. The onsite lasted a morning and was pretty straight forward and went really well. Nothing tough about the interviews. I dint hear back for about a week so I decided to write to their HR. No response. So I gave her a call. She apologized for the delay and also informed me that a different HR had participated in the interview feedback meeting. She asked me to get in touch with the other HR. I dint hear back a couple of weeks. In the mean time I got another offer. Since I really wanted to be in the health care industry, I decided to check back with them.

The process started all warm and nice and was dropped like a hot potato. Absolutely unprofessional attitude exhibited by the HR

Interview Questions

• A case interview about designing an app. A very easy one   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (San Jose, CA).

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by an in person. The in person was 4 hours long. Very nice people, but took them almost a month to get back to me. Not very prompt or professional

Interview Questions

• How would you reduce the number of employees in a restaurant and replace them by automation/software   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. After the second interview the recruiter got back to me and said we would schedule the interview to meet the team and I replied and then never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Made it to onsite interviews (3rd round) - team seemed generally disinterested both in me and their own jobs. Not sure why I was flown in. May be a small thing - but I would expect someone from the team to take the time to have lunch with a fly-in candidate (I was on my own for all meals).

HR/recruiting is very uncoordinated. Had to engage 3 to 4 different reps who did not seem to just pass the buck to each other. For my fly-in interviews was asked to go out the coming week, only to have HR take forever to get back to me so it pushed out a further week.

Interviewee also has to pay for flight and hotel, and wait for reimbursement - which seems like another uncoordinated (and interviewee unfriendly) process.

Interview Questions

• How to create a scheduling app for a individual traveling physician practitioner with a rural patient base   Answer Question