athenahealth Project Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

athenahealth Project Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at athenahealth

2.8

Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a preliminary phone interview about 5 days after I applied for the job online at indeed.com. The phone interview was about 30 minutes and we discussed what the job detailed and spoke on my qualifications. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. My in person interview was about 2 weeks later at their office in Atlanta, GA. It was a 2 hour interview where we spoke on my background and behavioral questions to see if I would be a good fit for the job. I spoke with 1 manager and 2 associates. I also did a presentation for them. I would say the interview was great and a very upbeat experience. Everyone I interviewed with seemed interested in me and they all asked different questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for athenahealth

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

You have 3 levels of interviews. Talk to each level of the team all the way to the top. Its alot but a decent process. Focus on explaining how to do the job

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

4 years ago, the process was extremely thorough and inclusive of different cohorts in the interview process. A candidate would interview with a variety of teammates to help them get a sense for the candidates fit for the role and environment. This, to me, started the relationship that a new hire would have with their team; the person would essentially have a friendly face to reference post-interview and a step up in bonding with their new colleagues.

The process has changed. Different cohorts are not involved in the interview process. Instead people managers, engagement managers, and other high-level positions interview. This sometimes means that the candidate is interviewing with folks that have been disconnected from the position that a candidate is interviewing for. Or, worse, that person interviewing is so senior that they lack the same empathy that they may have once had for a new person in a lower role.

Anyone looking to interview with athena should do their homework differently. While knowing the company is important, successful candidates will understand the vision (not literally) and focus of athena and how the position he/she is seeking fits into the bigger picture.
    Candidates should be prepared to paint a picture of themselves and help the interviewing team understand the who and why of his/her personality. Since culture is so very important to the company, it is not as important to prepare for answering the questions themselves but being able to articulate it in a way that supports your point of view.

Be professional regardless of the demeanor and approach of the person interviewing you. Many candidates have missed their opportunities by arrogantly assuming that a "great" interview was all that was needed. Those people often stopped selling themselves long before a final decision is made. Remember, hiring at athena is a collaborative process.

Lastly, don't talk about the "fun stuff" you've heard about from your friends who've worked at athena in your interviews. Share your interest for the work, culture, reputation...something. Yes, athena employees have been known to have a good time. That is true. Remember, however, that it is also after a lot of very busy, trying, frustrating days and nights. What you've heard and seen may be the equivalent of kicking off your shoes after a long days/weeks/years work.

Interview Questions

• I've never washed clothes before (or seen it done); explain to me how to wash clothes for the first time.   1 Answer

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at athenahealth in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. We went over my experiences and spoke about the position and what it entails, such as traveling, speaking in front of crowds, etc.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for in a company? What is important to me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. 2 weeks later, a hiring manager called me one morning asking to talk about my experience. I rescheduled for that afternoon, and we had a brief conversation about my background. He said he wan to move forward on the application quickly because they were looking for someone to start within 2 weeks. (Yikes!)

The next round consisted of 3 video chat interviews with different project associates and project managers. To be frank, the interviews themselves turned me off from the position. The interviewers were monotonous and scripted, and the whole process was very short. I read elsewhere to be prepared with lots of questions, and it definitely saved me from 15 minutes of silence.

All in all the process was civil - but uninspiring, and unimpressive. There wasn't really a space to show your interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in athenahealth (each interviewer asked me this)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

After the initial phone interview with the HR recruiter, I completed the next stage of video interviewing, where you are given 3-4 questions on the spot, and you record your answers to be reviewed at a later time. I received a call a few days later inviting me to interview in person with three of the team members for 30 minutes each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Pre-recorded video interview of about 6-7 questions, which was kind of strange but wasn't too bad because I received an invitation for an in-person interview the same week. It took over a month to actually schedule the next interview, and it ended up being a video interview because the team was located in different offices (I got the feeling that by this time, they weren't going to select me, because they didn't want to fly me out to the office at which I was applying for a job). I was disappointed not to see the office at all.

The video interview was very rushed - 3 interviews with 6 people over 90 minutes. All of these individuals were very nice, and didn't ask any curveball questions. I felt like it was way too fast to give thorough answers and ask my own questions, and it seems like they just had the interview out of courtesy because it had already been scheduled, and they had either already filled the position or it no longer existed.

4 weeks after the interview, I never heard back from anyone at the company (HR or any of the individuals I interviewed with). The hiring process seemed disorganized, based on them rescheduling my "in-person" (video) interview multiple times and tossing me around between HR representatives across several offices. I don't think the work was quite up my alley anyway, but it would have been nice to hear something from at least one person at the company after what they kept referring to as a "final" interview. Should be common protocol at any company, especially one of that size.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Video interview that was about 7 questions long. Two weeks later, I was called in for an in-person interview with 4 different Project Managers on the team. They were all impressed with me and said they would love to have me on their team. Two weeks later, I received a rejection letter with no feedback or reason.

Great company to work for, based on experiences that my friends have had with the company. Would have loved to be a part of Athena.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a video interview. They give you a question and you respond to the question, but you're not really talking to anyone. The questions were all behavioral/situational questions. Three weeks later I got a call from one of their recruiters regarding an in person interview, it would be 2 video interviews and 1 in person. The day before she emailed and said that they would all be video. I went to their office so I could see the space and they set me up in a conference room. The questions were ALL behavioral questions and a lot of them were the same between the 3 managers as well as the same as from the video interview. They left A LOT of time for questions, too much time in my opinion. I asked each of them 5-6 six questions. So come prepared with lots of examples and lots of questions.
    It took them 2 weeks to send a generic Thank you for your interest we decided to pursue other candidates. Would have been nice if they could have let me know a little sooner.

Interview Questions

• During the video interview- Describe the process of doing laundry to someone who has never done it.   Answer Question

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth in March 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process was quick, easy, and a positive experience. A few days after applying, I was asked to complete a video interview (6 questions, 2 min time limit for each, one chance to redo questions before submission). A week later I was invited for an in-person interview, where I met with three groups of two people in person and via skype. Everyone was incredibly friendly and welcoming, which made the interview feel more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, so be sure to have examples on hand. Was also asked questions to determine if I'd be a good fit with the culture.   Answer Question