athenahealth Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 125 of over 656 interviews

Recruiter13%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (United States) in Feb 2021

Interview

1.Applied through LinkedIn job portal. Got call from HR within a week. 2. Telephone round with HR. Basic background questions based on previous work experience. 2. Call with Director of Engineering. Intro about teams and self. Leetcode medium question.

Interview Questions
  • GeeksforGeeks medium 1. Find missing number in geometric progression series
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at athenahealth (India)

Interview

Great interview process. First we had Hackerrank assessment and after passing that there were direct interviews. Interview was conducted on Hackerrank Code Pair, with medium level questions. Good company, go for it!

Interview Questions
  • Q: Check for Palindrome, Check without using loops Q: Internal working of data structures

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at athenahealth (India)

Interview

Little bit tough. Make sure you know your project and DBMS and Data Structures well. They will smile and say that you did well on interview. But rather not select you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meerut

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at athenahealth (Meerut) in Sep 2020

Interview

There was an online test which consists of 10 MCQs and 2 Coding Questions of intermediate level. Those who were shortlisted called for a technical interview. And after that, a managerial interview was there. And a HR interview also.

Interview Questions
  • All concepts were covered like DBMS, SQL, dsa, and others too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at athenahealth (Bangalore) in Sep 2020

Interview

Basics Oops concepts was asked after which applications of data structures and it's examples was asked a simple program related to string operations was asked. The logic plays an important role. Make sure that u keep the interviewer engaged with what is running in your head while typing the code for their questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself Data structures concepts Oops concepts Algorithmic approach

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Twenty Four Parganas

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at athenahealth (North Twenty Four Parganas) in Sep 2020

Interview

there was first online coding round and then 2 technical interviews and 1 managerial and then finally HR round . coding question in technical round was moderate level but you should make your code considering all the test cases.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at athenahealth (India) in Sep 2020

Interview

Online test - 2 programming questions and few Mcqs from Data Structures and Algorithms, Database Management Systems, Time and Space complexity, etc,. Technical round - Self Introduction, Projects, Programming. Managerial round - situation based questions, HR round

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at athenahealth (Coimbatore) in Aug 2020

Interview

Hiring Process consists of 4 Rounds HackerRank test (Consists of 10 MCQ's and 2 Basic Coding) Hackerrank Codepair Technical Interview (Problem Solving , Data Structures , SQL related Concepts) Teams Managerial Interview (Questions from skills mentioned in your resume) HR Interview

Interview Questions
    1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at athenahealth (New Delhi) in Aug 2020

Interview

The interview process was very easy going. The interviewer was also very friendly. He made me comfortable before starting with the questions. He started of by introducing himself and then asked me for my introduction. Then we went on to further questions.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me a little about binary numbers and something about linked lists. I was also asked to write a code for reversing a linked list.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (United States)

Interview

My overall experience: They have been asking the same questions since 1965 which is lame. Even if you code it half way you will be rejected because they want solution and not your approach. The reason is because they don't understand any other programming language expect the one on they work. So my final advice memorize your solution if you get these questions and code it completely on the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Phone Round - Degree of an array - leetcode Onsite: Round 1: (45 mins) Technical discussion with Manager who sounded less confident, less techy and not sure about bunch of technologies I spoke about. Overall I felt that he has his own bubble and always stayed in that. Dont know about things going outside his comfort zone. Round 2: Coding round (Bring your own laptop and code it there itself) - 90 min You have a clock and 4 pennies, 4 nickel, 4 dimes. You need to find all the combinations of coins so that they can be placed on the clock such that no coin is repeated on the clock. One example is PPDDNNPDDPNN. Here is the solution in python with problem description: https://github.com/atsepkov/puzzles/tree/master/interviews/easy/coins-on-clock https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43825638/how-can-you-determine-how-to-place-coins-on-a-clock I solved this question half of it. My code ran and worked perfectly fine. Then I was out of time so I told them about my approach for the other half. Round 3 (Behavioral Round): 1 hour with lunch Challenges Team conflicts Proud Project and other stupid questions Round 4 (Coding Round): You are given a 3X3 matrix which has 3 colors ballon Red, Blue and Green. Consider Red - 1, Blue - 2, Green - 3 in the below matrix. In your program you will pass row and col. Whatever value appears in the matrix for that row and column, that value including its 4 neighbours of the same type (up, left, down, right) should be popped. Now imagine as if gravity is pulling your popped matrix down. After its popped you need to replace the popped value with 0 pull the rows of the matrix to the bottom. Example: Given matrix: 3 2 3 1 3 1 1 2 2 int[] popMatrixBallons(int [][] matrix, int row, int col) { //your code goes here } Lets say you pass row = 1, col = 0. You got value = 1 Step 1: 1. Pop(replace) row 1 and col 0 with value 0. Also replace its 4 neighbours with 0 if there is a 1. So your resulting matrix will look like this 3 2 3 0 3 1 0 2 2 Step 2: Now apply gravity on your matrix: Because you popped (1,0) and (2,0) so column zero will be pulled by gravity. And number 3(0,0) will be pulled at the bottom of the matrix. So your final answer will be 0 2 3 0 3 1 3 2 2 At first attempt I said I will do it using dfs. My interviewer looked surprised with that word. I then understood he doesn't knows anything about dfs, bfs. Then I said depth first search. After that he gave me some tips and I was able to code it and run my program. Next morning: REJECTED.
    21 people found this interview helpful