athenahealth Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

athenahealth Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Then about 1.5-2 weeks later a phone interview which lasted about 15-20 minutes. Then finally an onsite with 2 behavioral/culture-fit interviews and two technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• NDA so I won't mention anything but my advice would be prepared for combinatorics based programming challenges and review other glassdoor interviews closely.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for athenahealth

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone screen about programming experience and company, followed by coding challenge via email.

Completed the coding challenge in two days (not terribly difficult) with all stated requirements met, but my recruiter got back to me and asked me to halve the runtime for large inputs. I altered my algorithm to use DP, resubmitted, and after two weeks (this was over Christmas break) I got asked to come in for onsite interviews.

Onsite interviews consisted of 15 minutes with recruiter, 45 minute technical interview with a developer writing pseudocode on a legal pad (explain as you go!), one hour lunch in the dining area with a senior developer (essentially a behavioral interview - past experience, etc), then back upstairs again for 90 minute technical interview on whiteboard/laptop.

For the 90 minute, start on whiteboard, sketch out and explain solution in pseudocode, then write code on laptop in the IDE and language of your choice (hooked up to a big screen so interviewer isn't looking over your shoulder). Everyone strongly emphasized the importance of having a fully functional correct solution written on the computer in code, and preferably optimized, by then end of the 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Novel, but typical, technical interview algorithmic puzzle questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I took the interview on December, and the process took 5 weeks. For the first phone interview I got 4times because hr seems had a lot of meetings. Then I was asked to built a program which was easy. They thought my code looked good and invited me for the onsite interview. The people are nice and it involve two tech and two normal interview. For the first tech interview the person seems also nervous and caught me also quite nervous too. The other problem was I didn't practice too much before interview, and some behavior questions might not answered correctly. The overall process is good, but some advice would be if the hr people could call me back earlier would be much better, because after two weeks still heard nothing:(

Interview Questions

• Simple recursion and search algorithm question. Not very hard compare to other companies   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I interviewed at athenahealth in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial phone interview that was behavioral. Afterwards I received a programming challenge to complete on my own. I was then invited for an on site interview that consisted of 2 technical interviews and 1 behavioral interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website, after 1 week, they reached me a phone screen to talk about some potential openings, the next day they assign me a puzzle to solve.

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I first submitted my resume to AthenaHealth at college career fair and submitted a cover letter/resume again through our university's job/bulletin board. I was requested to complete an on-campus interview, and after successfully passing that stage, traveled to Watertown,MA for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• On-campus interview problem had to do with a rectangular puzzle and fitting the square pieces together based on numbers to match up sides. On-site interview had a culture-fit interview as well as technical interview about placing coins on a clock.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

Met recruiters at a university career fair, followed up with on-campus technical interview, invited to Watertown for in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a non-technical section in which we reviewed my resume, followed by a technical section with a puzzle problem, and a tour.

Interview Questions

• To solve a problem involving coins placed on a clock with a specific pattern.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The interview process at athenahealth is a technical prescreen (take home coding problem), with an on-site that consists of a culture fit session, two technical interviews, and a sell (where they try to convince you to take an offer if you get one). athenahealth is very good about getting back to you quickly if they decide to extend an offer. Unfortunately, the recruiters at athenahealth haven't figured out that it's polite to send a rejection email if they're not going to move forward, so you can just assume that if you haven't heard anything from them in 48 hours, you don't have an offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions test your ability to think about problems in a simple and effective way. I'm happy to describe the interview process, but honestly, if you can't pass a companies technical interview without looking up the answers, you would be a poor fit at the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Got contacted on Linkedin by a recruiter. After a breif phone screening, I was asked to complete a take-home assignment in about a week. Although, later they decided to skip that with me so I can't say how it was. I was invited to on on-site interview that was all day. There were like 5 different interviews. One that was pretty general, my lunch was a general interview, and then I had three coding interviews. For all three, I was given a puzzle to solve on the white board first and then I had to code the solution and get it working by the end of the session. It was awkward because the interviewer looked over my shoulder the whole time. That probably made it the most difficult.

Interview Questions

• Can't really remember the puzzles. I think one of them involved a card game. They were involved enough to code a solution to and a little stressful to code with their eyes on you all the time.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

In-person interview, mainly technical questions. The interviewer seemed unclear in what he wanted, so the interview could have been directed a bit better. The problem seemed a bit too easy, generally confused by the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How to find all the transformation, reflections, etc. of a given shape   Answer Question