Analyst Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Analyst Interview Questions in Austin, TX

"Analysts work in a variety of fields to break down complex problems and find solutions. When interviewing candidates, employers are looking for applicants who have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the field. For more information on the specific questions you'll be asked, try researching a particular role such as business analyst, financial analyst, programming analyst, or data analyst."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about an experience where you were forced to handle a conflict, and what was the outcome

2 Answers

I mentioned a conflict with a teacher, and was truthful about the outcome, regardless of it's neutral (not positive or negative) tone

I gave an example of a conflict I had with a team member who was not carrying his weight in a group project. In these kinds of questions make sure to focus on your communication skills in being able to diffuse the issue and coming to a positive or neutral solution. For me, I had an honest conversation with the team member and gave him a chance to explain his situation (didn't want to jump to conclusions). Then we worked together to form a plan to ensure he met deadlines.

What is the process you would go about in spotting a fake profile

I was forwarded to a 6 section skills/behavioural survey

3 Answers

SQL questions. I have very little experience and didn't know SQL as well as they probably would like. If you have X table and Y table how would you join them? Is this an inner or outer join?

3 Answers

Prove that the number between two twin primes can be divided by 6.

3 Answers

Here's the deal: You have to know SQL. By all accounts, and according to people within the company, they are no longer hiring people who do not have previous SQL experience. If there is one thing that I can point to that probably cost me the offer, it is that I have not used SQL in a while, and it showed. Everyone with whom I interviewed asked SQL questions. They will give you a set of EMR (Electronic Medical Record) data (2 or 3 tables) and ask questions about how you the tables might be manipulated to provide information. So you not only need to know how to select certain data types and columns to provide insight in theory, but you also must know how to construct the correct select statement. Expect questions on inner/outer joins, unions, subqueries, aggreagtor functions including how to use sum and/or count with group by. If you don't have solid command of SQL and a good bit of fresh, current use, you are probably wasting your time. Yes, SQL is a rather small language in the DML context, and something that can be picked up rather easily, but probably not quickly and completely enough to impress in the interview. Bottom line: don't expect to fake it till' you make it.

1 Answer

TX Interview Q: If someone hacked your instagram account, and the person reported to FB that the person needed access and the person was your friend who knows all your details, how does someone on the FB determine his/her (in)authenticity?

Python, SQL, Requirement gathering, Product analysis;

What is EBITDA?

1 Answer

How proficient are you in Microsoft Excel?

110 of 1,256 Interview Questions