Consultant Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Consultant Interview Questions in Austin, TX

consultant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How could you best influence in a matrix organization?

2 Answers

How to lead in a matrix org leadership: First gather stakeholder perspectives and understand positions, create aspirational targets which reflect the underlying business needs but are responsive to stakeholder perspectives, then develop buy-in by co-creating content with stakeholders and ultimately garner consensus.

I’ve had both positive and challenging experiences managing teams across matrix organizations. My most effective approach and advice to my team is that building relationships with all stakeholders in the organization is the strongest tool in your toolbox. In Matrix organizations, there are generally centralized functional experts and location-based leaders. Depending on the organizations philosophy, there is usually a solid line and a dotted line and which position has which reporting structure differs. One manager will have responsibility for results but limited authority. When conflicts arise, team members may play politics and deny a request from the dotted line manager based on the solid line manager’s opposing direction. This is where relationships are crucial. The two managers who share oversight for the employee need to be on the same page and find a way to reach consensus. More importantly, effective matrix structures work best when these guidelines are communicated from day one and the team is cautioned that pitting their managers against each other will not be tolerated and set a zero tolerance for this behavior. If they do not see a cohesive relationship and collaboration, it will send the message that if Mom says no, ask dad ( excuse the expression). If there is not collaboration, performance, productivity and outcomes will suffer. Since organizations are often changing structures and reorganizing, having respectful and collaborative relationships with all members of the organization is my advice to anyone working within this structure. Just my experience and opinion

You have someone speaking in a microphone. How would you record someone's voice? If there was noise, where would you cancel it out on the signal(beginning or end of the wire)? How would a longer wire affect the signal?

2 Answers

Interview was really easy when I had it... nothing unexpected or unknown.

2 Answers

How much do you want to make here?

2 Answers

Why do you think you would be good at sales?

1 Answer

Which is more important, strategic planning or tactical deployment?

1 Answer

Kept comparing previous workers with myself . Not cool. That is why I contacted previous workers. Their SQL database is not currently or properly updated. Third party I.T. is awful

1 Answer

What is your main driver or goal for this role?

1 Answer

What makes you think you would be good at sales?

1 Answer

All questions were focused on professional experience and processes. Nothing ridiculous like: "A penguin walks into the room with a sombrero on his head...what does he say?" (Which...I was actually asked during an interview process prior to accepting this role)

110 of 497 Interview Questions