General manager Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Find jobs for general manager

General manager Interview Questions in Austin, TX

"Employers hiring general managers are looking for decisive leaders with previous management experience to oversee a department or division in the company. In an interview, be ready to discuss your ability to lead lower-level managers and implement improvements within the business. General managers may join the company directly through management, so interviewers will want candidates who are capable of forming strong relationships with established employees."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How much are you going to cost me?

2 Answers

50,000 plus the same incentive plan and bonus structure I had at the previous hotel I worked at with you (owner and interviewer).

I promise you, no more than I am worth.

How would you describe excellent service/Bad service. Make or break question. make sure you answer well.

2 Answers

Because you moved cities, how long do you plan on being with the company? What is your 5 year plan?

1 Answer

Interview with project coordinator at local office for paperwork then move on to phone interview with the general manager or area manager

When can you start?

1 Answer

Why did you leave your last employer?

1 Answer

Basic, again very general, and not at all specific to see if this job is the right fit for you, or you are the right fit for it

1 Answer

Why did you leave your previous job?

1 Answer

Can you hold your customers accountable? This means having the uncomfortable conversations about making payments.

1 Answer

How did you handle a difficult situation?

110 of 42 Interview Questions