Management trainee Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Management trainee Interview Questions in Austin, TX

"As a management trainee, your ultimate goal is to become a manager through your ability to analyze, organize, and collaborate. In an interview context, employers will be interested to see if you are familiar with how they operate, what your motivation is, and the meaning of customer service to you. Often times, you will be responsible for handling difficult customers, so know how you would role-play this scenario. To show that you are up for this job, emphasize that you are up for challenges, multi-tasking, and leadership."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If you could have any job/career in the world, what would it be?

1 Answer

I answered non-profit since it is what I would do if money wasn't an immediate concern.

Tell me about a time that you failed and what did you learn from it?

1 Answer

Name one instance in your past where you have had to pickup a team member when they were going through a rough time.

1 Answer

Describe an occasion when you went the extra mile for a customer.

1 Answer

I was asked a lot about my reasons for leaving certain positions. For example, an internship I took my junior of college.

1 Answer

Describe a situation where you encountered a hostile customer and how did you resolve it?

1 Answer

When have you had to deal with an upset or angry customer, and what did you do?

1 Answer

This place is a SCAM. I applied for the 'marketing associate role,' and got a call saying I had been shortlisted for an interview. I asked the recruiter which role I was being considered for, and she told me I was being considered for the ' account executive' role. I was confused at this point since I didn't even apply to this role. I told the recruiter I wasn't interested in a sales role, I wanted to do marketing, and she assured me it would be 80 percent marketing. I went in for an interview, and the office was almost bare empty and looked like they just moved in. After asking several questions, the man whom I interviewed with told me I was being considered for the 'Management Trainee' role. This was now the third different role they told me I was being considered for, NONE of which I even applied for. I asked him what the salary would be and he told me that it was "competitive," and I would learn more in the second interview. For the second interview, the woman interviewing explained thier 'training process.' She pointed to a flow chart, titled 'Executive Training Program'-- where the jobs listed ' account executive, account manager, junior executive, and senior executive,' with corresponding lengths for each role. She told me the first 2 (account executive, account manager) take up to 6 months before you can advance. I asked her about compensation for each of those two roles, to which she responded 400- 500 a month. I asked her if that was on top of commission-- and she responded that they ONLY do commission. NO BASE SALARY!!!! I was shocked because at this point, I had not only been lured into an office in which a job title I applied for didn't exist, they are totally untransparent about their roles AND their "competitive salary. "

1 Answer

Where do you see you career in 3-5 years?

1 Answer

Would you be willing to relocate?