Registered Nurse Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Registered Nurse Interview Questions in Austin, TX

In addition to assisting physicians in providing medical assistance to patients, nurses must have strong interpersonal and conflict-management skills. In an interview, expect to be quizzed on medical practices and procedures, as well as answer situational questions that will test your ability to excel under difficult conditions. Come ready to discuss a time you handled a tense patient or how you would handle an emergency situation.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Where do you see yourself in 10 years

I see myself as a nurse

Questions were pretty typical for a nursing job (or most any job these days.) "Give me an example of a time...and how did you handle it?" etc... The most difficult of these types of questions to me is, "Why are you leaving your current job?" It's hard not to complain or otherwise be negative if coming from a bad situation.

1 Answer

How well do you like to work with sick Children

1 Answer

What has been the most challenging part of your career

How do you handle conflict between coworkers.

dont remember very well... goals, education, review of work experience

You have a patient who's O2 sat is low, blood sugar is this, BP is this, what do you do first?

1 Answer

There weren't any challenging questions. The interviewer wanted to know if I had a room in my house I could use as an office w/ a door that locked, high speed or wifi internet, and if I could travel to Florida and train there for 2 weeks. She asked what my needs were for my salary and she said it was negotiable however, she said there was a certain range they were looking for and I was out of range! I ended up negotiating down w/ in her range and the interviewer said I would here something back on Monday if they wanted to schedule another interview.

110 of 80 Interview Questions