Sales Manager Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales Manager

Sales Manager Interview Questions in Austin, TX

"As a sales manager, it's your job to guide your team to success by setting appropriate quotas and goals, building sales plans, establishing training programs, and and developing sales strategies. Employers are looking for candidates who are skilled negotiators, planners, and leaders. In an interview, come ready to discuss your management style and how you've closed sales in the past. Excelling in sales is all about delivering superb customer service, so be prepared to offer a sales pitch on the spot or answer a scenario question about handling tough customers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are your strengths and weaknesses that you bring to this position.

2 Answers

Why did you turn down their offer? Too little money or other comp, got more money or equal money at a preferred alternative, something else?

I had another offer on the table at the time. It was for comparable money and more stable. I just wasn't sold on reselling products.

From the executive: "What is the name of the company that I worked for longest in my career?"

1 Answer

What happened in your previous position that landed you looking for a job after 23 years of employment

1 Answer

Relocation was a difficult issue. Mr. Adams wanted me to live in Austin, to which I reluctantly agreed.

1 Answer

Do you know what our stock is doing?

1 Answer

How would I work with the previous position holder who was moving into a lateral position?

1 Answer

If you were a musical instrument, what would you be?

1 Answer

This was a new position that was created. I had total autonomy to develop the position and execute. I had an excellent reputation with the hiring manger so they knew my capabilities and that I would be able to develop a successful go to market strategy.

1 Answer

No crazy curve ball questions..... The demo was a good challenge

1 Answer

Tell me a time where you disagreed with your direct boss.

110 of 96 Interview Questions