Scientist Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Scientist Interview Questions in Austin, TX

"The questions you are asked in an interview for a position as a scientist will depend greatly on field of science you intend to work in. Generally, interviewers will be interested in your formal education, field of study and specialization, work, internship, and research experience, scientific writing skills, and interest in the subject matter. Expect to be asked technical questions that pertain to the knowledge needed to perform the duties of the job. While there are some positions open to scientists who possess associates' or bachelors' degrees, most jobs will require you to have at least a masters' degree with the majority requiring you to have a doctorate."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have very little business experience. How do I know you're going to be able to work with my product?

1 Answer

I explained my extensive duties as Program Manager in my two years working for my current company.

academic-like questions where you could just look up the answer. just memorize a thing or two about the basic algos like neural nets, random forests, svm, linear regression. that satisfies their data scientists.

2 Answers

My friends said I could file a lawsuit against them yet I don't have time for legal engagement. If a U.S. citizen or permanent resident is qualified for the job then he or she should be hired, whether they want to apply for green card for their existing employee or not. That's what Equal Opportunity Employer means. I guess Dell does not comply with the federal labor regulation. Then one of my former coworker who is a U.S. citizen told me that he applied for a Process Engineer position at Dell and the manager told him that, within a week they received 2,000 applications and most of them are from India. He then told me because most engineering jobs at Dell are occupied by Indian people who refer their Indian friends for engineering jobs at Dell every day. He also said, if you are not Indian, it is most likely you will not get an engineering job interview, not to mention a job offer. Apparently he is right because I am not Indian and my job interview with Dell was not real. I was used for them to test the market and benefit their green card process. There is no diversity at Dell engineering department. 99% of their engineers are Indian even though they website advocates diversity in their corporate culture. It was just a joke. Also if you get rejected by Dell for one position then you will get rejected for any other position you apply afterwards, even though their rejection email says they encourage you to check out Dell career website frequently as new positions come up blah blah.... Trust me, I tried that.

1 Answer

I don't remember any of the questions asked of me. I wouldn't have been surprised if it revolved around the handling of a difficult client.

Why Apple?

1 Answer

(As it can be inferred from the description, this stage was never reached.)

Do you think you are superior to anyone? Tell me about a time when you had difficulty with a co-worker, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome. Tell me about a time when someone criticized your work, how did you handle it and what was the outcome.

The questions were only classical statistics, like t-test, linear programming, SQL and brain teasers. All questions are basic. And of course some behavior questions.

110 of 70 Interview Questions