Senior Accountant Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Accountant

Senior Accountant Interview Questions in Austin, TX

"As a senior accountant, employers are looking for your experience to make you a valuable asset to their company. Thus, interviewers will often ask about the previous duties you had with other employers, what kinds of accounting software you are proficient in, and a few brain teasers that will test your accounting knowledge. In addition, be able to provide examples as to how you work through stressful situations, meet close deadlines, and deal with difficult situations."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

My interviews were mostly behavioral and more focused on getting to know my personality to see if I was a good fit at DI. The most difficult question I received was "What is your favorite movie."

I can't even fake an answer. There are so many. I went with Star Wars

Why would you want to take a position lower than you held in your previous company?

1 Answer

What is your idea of the role of a senior, and how do you help develop associates/ interns?

'Situational' question

1 Answer

Good thing: I don't remember whether they asked me 'Did you...' or 'Have you done...'. Usually HR team likes to ask such questions. I really dislike these kinds of questions. Actually, as accountants, we face different new issues. The most important (at least for me), how to solve them? how quick you can learn?

Don't remember difficult question. Seem to be looking for a very specific person and I just didn't fit. Seemed to want someone to walk in and do the job no interest in training on systems

The whole assessment process took about an hour and i received personalized feedback

Salary that I desire and why ScaleFactor