Social Media Manager Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Social Media Manager

Social Media Manager Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Social Media Manager Interview Questions in Austin, TX

When interviewing you as social media manager, employers want to assess your technical skills with social media communication and monitoring technologies and your "soft skills" in terms creating compelling social campaigns and being the voice of the brand. Expect lots of questions about how you use technologies and lots of hypotheticals about how you would handle different difficult situations. Employers will also ask about successful campaigns that you ran, and how you demonstrated success.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if a customer accused you of being racist?

2 Answers

I said something along the lines of apologize for having made the customer feel that way and assuring them that I am only seeking to support the company's policy and standards in the situation. (I don't know if this was a good or bad answer. That's a tough question to respond to!)

Wouldn't say "we're not racist" because the word you remember is racist. Would say something along the lines of "we're sorry you felt that way, we want everyone to feel welcome and your experience is the furthest from our values and what we stand for."

What is your spirit animal?

Tell me a joke.

1 Answer

"How do you define success?" "What is a unique skill you would bring to Main Street Hub?"

If you were a fictional character, who would you be?

Q: Within the 9 page assignment 1 page was answering Twitter, Yelp, negative / positive responses

"What was a time you EPICALLY failed?"

1 Answer

Why does this role interest you? Why do you want to work for WOM?