Software Engineer Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Software Engineer Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Software engineers write programs to design and develop computer software. Interviews are highly technical, so come ready to work through coding problems and math brainteasers. The specific questions you are asked will depend on what type of programming position you are looking for. Try researching a specific software discipline such as web development, application development, or system development.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Suppose you are writing a test script to test a function running in a process over night. How do you make sure that if the process is halted, your test function will be able to detect that.

1 Answer

Answer: run your test function in an independent process.

What is a pure virtual function?

3 Answers

What does the following function do: unsigned int doit(int x) { unsigned int z = 0; while (x &= (x-1)) z++; return z; }

3 Answers

The question that I was asked "Find all the colinear points given a set of coordinates in a plane"

2 Answers

Design a bicycle on the white board.

2 Answers

Given a linked list, write a function that will print the list in reverse.

2 Answers

They did ask oranges or apples...and I'm still not sure why. I asked later and they said just to throw you off.

1 Answer

What is the difference between a FlipFlop and a latch?

2 Answers

Even though the interview was with HR, there was 1 technical question; specifically “what happens when you put a web address into your browser, and press Enter”, and you had to describe in detail what happens from there.

2 Answers

Something about poker, or baseball season, or some other game that I was not familiar with enough to reason about.

110 of 990 Interview Questions