autoTRADER.ca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

autoTRADER.ca Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online after of a couple of days I got email from the HR dep for making a phone call. He called me and nicely set me up an interview with the director and a senior employee.
    When I get there first the senior person came in and started the interview after that the director came in and asked me 2 questions and suddenly he decided to leave the room " bcz of a phone call that He had for a meeting" it was very disrespectful . After he left the room, the other person was shocked too and he only had 1 more question to ask me.
    I drove all the way from Toronto to their office he did not even respect me to have a full conversation. I knew he did not like my answers, but he should not have done that.
    I am very upset because of this situation.

Interview Questions

• what was your greatest challenge with the development team?
      Do you know what agile methodology is?
      Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca.

Interview

Prescreening phone interview followed by a test. If you pass you get an in person interview with the respective hiring managers. The prescreen interview was well structured, with standard questions relating to your experience.
    Unfortunately I have not passed the theory test, so unable to comment on follow up interview. Requested my test results to see where I need to improve, but have not received any response.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty quick and easy through a recruiter. I sent my resume and portfolio and an interview was set up in a few days.

Interview had four people, the hiring manager was welcoming and friendly but I did get the feel it was a boys club.

I was given one portfolio piece to presen,t which I realized after the fact, didn't show enough of what I am capable of.

Interview Questions

• Lots of process questions and how I make decisions on designs. Questions about how I use analytics and data to inform decisions. Conflict resolution...   Answer Question

Do Not Want to Mention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I found the interview experience quite negative. I was first contacted by their HR team with a time to do a phone interview but as I am currently employed I needed to reschedule as it conflicted with my work. Rescheduling took several attempts as no reply would be given. I did eventually hear back, which was on the day of the initially suggested interview with a new time slot. The interview was quite simple, they just wanted to go over my resume. I found the overall experience extremely unprofessional as it has been well over a month and have not heard back. I am sure they did not move forward with my application which I am more than fine with. I just believe that contact should have been made by this point based on the complexity of the phone interview.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I don't remember much from the interview process. I think I had typing test first and then I had one on one interview with a manager. The interview was pretty easy and the manager who interviewed me was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer? What is your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst - Web Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

One meeting with hiring manager, one presentation with HR + hiring manager, one meeting with director. The hiring team seems competent and reasonable, but the HR process was horrid. HR spent no time learning about my background, never read my CV, and was highly confrontational (which included being terribly rude with my references).

Trader seems like an okay place, but very "traditional corporate". Their compensation offers are just not competitive with market trends, and HR doesn't seem to care about recruiting and screening for high-end talent; they're just going through the motions and filling seats.

When the offer was presented, I asked several questions looking to clarify ambiguity in the value prop. of the "benefits" offered (which were all mandatory and not covered by Traders at all). I was told repeatedly that I couldn't get any of the information I requested until after I accepted the offer...

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a Straightforward interview.
    They asked that a written French and English test be taken at home.
    The written test was of average difficulty.
    There was 2 interviews: 1 with the human resources department and 1 with the hiring manager.

Negotiation

It was fine

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied directly through the site. Was contacted by hr and then by hiring manager. Phone interview scheduled but then no one called. after emailing hr to ask what's up for a phone call from the interviewer an hour later. Not a good start. Should have known better than to keep going.

Followed up with an onsite interview which consisted of typical questions about previous experience. No whiteboarding or analytical tests whatsoever. Met with 2 senior engineers. Was about as positive as could be, even though the hiring manager was very cynical and expressed open contempt to previous employees and the company. Not a good sell.

Despite all that, the hiring manager expressed enthusiasm in completing the process and said hr will contact me that day or the next about salary expectations.

...

3 weeks go by and again I find I have to email hr. 1 week later I get a phone call from hr asking about my salary expectations.

That was the last I heard from these clowns. I'm about a month and a half in since that phone call. I can only assume they either lost interest, can't afford my asking salary or my case just got lost in hr incompetence. Either way I definitely wouldn't want to work there.

Waste of time. Be warned.

Interview Questions

• Previous and current experience.
      familiarity with web forms.
      Answer Question

Statistician/Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Company is hiring for a data scientist but clearly has no idea how to set one up for success. They've budgeted $100K for the role but don't have resources for industry-standard statistical software? They appear to be trying to learn from candidates what a data scientist is and how the company might be able to use one to address their business challenges.

Low office morale is apparent: front desk staff complaining about the location and building parking situation; interviewing manager complaining about senior leaders and cursing throughout the interview, questions suggest that the organization exists in different silos and that the person in this role shouldn't expect any support. HR rep is largely mute throughout the interview.

I knew 20 minutes into the interview I didn't want the job and wouldn't accept if offered.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at autoTRADER.ca in July 2014.

Interview

Step 1 - Telephone interview
    Step 2 - In person interview with HR and department manager

The woman in HR is any job hunters dream. She was so professional but kind and warm. She communicated exceptionally and always followed up when she said she would. Even though I didn't get the position I applied for I had an amazing application experience with Traders Corporation.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my Java Script experience. I was taken thrown off for a second because the requirement was not in the job post   1 Answer