Avionics Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avionics Engineer Interview Questions

Avionics engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

"Technical challenge" - with two anxious interviewers staring at you across a table provide code / pseudo code of how to reverse a linked list in five minutes or less with them showing visible frustration if you weren't ready for this. No other questions about C or C++, just do you remember data structures class from 20 years ago which you haven't had reason to use since.

4 Answers

Study up on data structures!

If I had to respond instantaneously, I'd probably have just said something about iterating over the list, pushing the elements onto a stack, then popping them off the stack and building a new list. Any recursive solution to this problem would probably be equivalent to this one unless it did something really weird (the call stack would implicitly be used as the stack that I used explicitly here). However, you could also do this in constant space by just reversing the links themselves.

A typical function without additional memory allocation would be: // Let Arg represent the struct type of node of linked list Arg *reverse(Arg *list){ Arg *new_list = NULL; while (list) { Arg* next = list->next; list->next = new_list; new_list = list; list = next; } return new_list; }

A 20 minute presentation covering a past design project that demonstrated my expertise for the position.

detailed circuit analysis

1 Answer

Most of the questions I was asked weren't about my technical experience (although my experience was naturally discussed). Most of the questions from the managers I met with pertained to how I dealt with people, specifically difficult people, and how I excelled in a difficult and demanding work environment.

1 Answer

Many many technical questions regarding my experience with avionics component selection, basic electrical engineering, and requirements management.

Just a panel discussion about my experience and resume. I was asked a few tech questions and a few questions about what I would do in situations there we currently seeing.

Asked highly detailed technical questions

They asked me lots of questions for clarifying my role in the projects I worked on

How do you motivate others when working in a team?

110 of 23 Interview Questions