Azure architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Azure architect Interview Questions

azure architect interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

PI

1 Answer

Wrong info are posted by this person

Reasons/Motivation to make a career move. Why Microsoft? Key technology area: Cloud (Infra/AppDev/DevOps)? Describe your role: (more PreSales or Sol Architect) If PreSales – how many sales people or clients do you have? If Solution Architect – describe your cloud work or cloud specialization: Infrastructure or AppDev or DevOps? Which cloud platforms are you most proficient on (AWS, Azure, GCP etc)? Do you have cloud solution application certifications? Which ones? Explain your cloud migrations: Lift and Shift, Refactoring, Replatforming? Do you script out infrastructure for migrations to the cloud? If so, what scripting language/tool do you use i.e.: PowerShell? INRASTRUCTURE: Talk to me about core IaaS work you have done in the cloud: (virtual machines, load balancing, storage, Active Directory, automation, disaster recovery) APPDEV: What is the last application you wrote for the cloud? Cloud Native? or App rearchitecting? APPDEV: What is your language of choice in coding apps for the cloud? (.Net, Java, C#, C++, Python etc) APPDEV: What did your application address in your client’s business? (finance, reporting, IoT of products, billing, payment processing, chatbot, etc) APPDEV: If you have never used an API, how quickly can you come up to speed to work with it? DEVOPS: What technologies have you used for DevOps? (Chef, Puppet, VSTS, Docker, Kubernetes, any container technologies/orchestration) Without describing the technology used, what was the largest client cloud project you worked on and what was the business driver for the project? Tell me about any experience you have had when you lead the discussion on moving to the cloud. Who was your audience when you presented the how, what, when, and why the move to the cloud. (LOB, IT, C-Suite) Are your clients internal, or facing externally to clients?What have been the biggest roadblocks or challenges you have faced when suggesting a move to the cloud? How did you influence the decision for that move? What was your role in that presentation to influence business decisions? What industries do you have experience in?

We talked about the project but I don't recall any specific question

Tell me about a time where you solve a migration problem in azure.

Mostly just open ended and general questions about Projects I've worked on and what I wanted to do. I asked more questions than they did. Even though the job was technical I wasn't really asked any type of technical questions scenario or otherwise. It was very conversational and easy in relation to typical interviews for this type of role. Even though the job was listed as an Architect it seemed like they were looking for someone more lower level such as a systems engineer /support person or as one guy put it "a wrench turner". An architect is not typically a wrench turner.

15 of 5 Interview Questions