Back Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Back Office Interview Questions

Back office interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You are in a room with 3 switches which correspond to 3 bulbs in another room and you don't know which switch corresponds to which bulb. You can only enter the room with the bulbs once. You can NOT use any external equipment (power supplies, resistors, etc.). How do you find out which bulb corresponds to which switch?

6 Answers

Turn on 2 switches. Turn one switch off after a few minutes. Enter room with bulbs. The bulb that is on is the only switch that is on. The bulb that is off but hot, is the switch that has been turned off. The bulb that is off and cold is the third switch.

Turn on switch A for 1 minute. Turn it off. Turn on switch B. Enter the room with the bulbs. The hot bulb is A The lit bulb is B The dark bulb is C

Turn switch A leave it on for 1/2 minutes and turn it off then turn on switch B. Now goto the room, the one Hot is A, Cold(or not Hot) is C, the bulb thats on is B.

If you have a three gallon jug and a five gallon jug No marks on either one The goal is to fill the five gallon jug with four gallons of water How is this accomplished?

5 Answers

Name a time when you had to be precise while working at another position.

Stock price of GS

1 Answer

If I was comfortable counting money.

1 Answer

Are you a big sports fan? Because I need to know that whoever I hire I can talk about sports with them all the time.

110 of 68 Interview Questions