Background Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Background Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Background Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

One question 3 of the interviewers asked me was "What was the most difficult thing you had to deal with.".

6 Answers

Think about it first, it's hard to remember all what you did in a few seconds. Be ready to brag about your experience, your achievements, what you're proud about. Overall I feel like what is rewarded is you as you are. What you did is a proof of what you are. I don't even hold a bachelor degree, and never worked in a fancy company before.

What were they especially looking in an iOS engineer? Did you code everything in Objective C?

My understanding is that they are looking for reasonably excited people, who can solve medium-hard algorithm problems (not crazy ones, kinda array sorting and stuff), and know well their language and platform (in our case iOS/Objective-C). And yes, all was in Objective-C. At some point I asked if Python would be more adapted, they insisted I do all in Objective-C. I just feel Objective-C is a little heavy (syntax wise) for algorithm problems... Good luck :)

You've applied to a number of positions and have a varied background. What are you most interested in?

1 Answer

How did you like working at Sullivan & Cromwell? Please describe some of your work.

1 Answer

Most positions require RAID, networking, enterprise storage knowledge. They will ask you how much you know about EMC. They like it if you know their history a little bit.

1 Answer

Did you like working in Kenai, AK?

1 Answer

Have you ever been convicted of a crime

1 Answer

$15 will be taken out of each of your first 2 checks for a background check, do you have a problem with that?

1 Answer

Do you know anything about cement testing or fracturing chemicals?

1 Answer

Availability to start the job,

1 Answer

Why did you not enter the same field that you were in when you left the military?

110 of 35 Interview Questions