Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Companies matching "Bain & Company"

Bain & Company Interviews

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Estimate how many windows are in New York

33 Answers

Divide and conquer. I may not know the answer to the question, but I can determine the answer because I can approximate two supportnig questions: * How many people are in New York (City or State, btw) * How many windows, on average, does each person have (home, car, work, shopping center, ....) I'll say 10M in NYC and 10 windows per person so my answer is 100M windows in NYC.

10 windows per person?!?! I want to see what apartment you're living in!!

he said 10 windows per person total (including car, home etc). 10 makes good sense. However, i do believe you'll have to go deeper than that. i.e- calculate that, add businesses, shopping centres, cabs and passing cars etc.

What is the exact angle formed by the hands on a clock when the time reads 9:30?

11 Answers

Let's say I'm your manager and you get hired at Bain. At the end of one year, what will I write in your performance review?

1 Answer

Describe this project on your resume?

[Case interview]

1 Answer

All of the interviews are challenging because they are real-life business cases that the interviewer must work through. One of the more challenging ones involved some data in the software industry. It included a bubble chart with three dimensions of data - y-axis, x-axis and bubble size. There was a lot going on in the industry and the case involved synthesizing all of the information/trends and providing strategy recommendations for the client.

1 Answer

Assess whether we should enter the gas station industry/convenience store in a local area. Do market sizing. Assess market structure. Key Drivers. How to improve the profitability.

1 Answer

PE firm thinking of buying a US baby stroller company. Is it an attractive target? Plastics company patented a cover for a car steering wheel and wanted to know whether to enter the market.

1 Answer

The first case about a non-profit did not follow any traditional structures. The first question was "Try to narrow down all the jobs that our target population could be eligible for".

1 Answer

Being flat-out told "You're wrong. Why are you wrong?" in a case with a partner.

2 Answers