Bank teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for bank teller

Bank teller Interview Questions

Bank teller Interview Questions

Employers hiring bank tellers are looking for candidates who can provide superb customer service regardless of stressful circumstances. Expect a lot of situational or role-play questions that will assess your ability to diffuse unsatisfied customers and handle money professionally. In addition, bank tellers must also be comfortable with counting and handling bills efficiently and accurately, so come prepared to answer a mental math counting teaser.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. Let's role play, sell me a bank product..... 2. If im a customer and I declined what you are trying to sell me...

4 Answers

1. Hello, welcome to chase, how can I be of assistance to you today? I see that you're not enrolled in our chase dollar for dollar, would you like more info on that today? 2. Customer: no, I don't have time. Teller: Well, can I write down your info and have a personal banker call you later? I think this is where I messed up, saying this, lead the branch manager to thinking I was over qualified. She mentioned tellers usually don't want to sale people anything, they just want to do a transaction.

I think you did a great job. Another way to handle it would be (re 2) "I understand. I'd like for our personal banker to provide you with more information. When would be a good time for them to call you"? Then obtain phone number

Avoid yes/no questions. They leave customers with an easy way out. “Ok, I understand you’re busy. We can reach out and get you enrolled at a better time. What’s the best email/phone number to reach you at?” A question like this doesn’t have the easy way out of simply saying yes or no.

Basic customer service questions, mostly scenarios.

4 Answers

What are your personal Values?

4 Answers

What is the most important thing about customer service?

3 Answers

At Chase we focus on customer service. What is great customer service to you.

2 Answers

What is exceptional customer service to you?

3 Answers

Did you or any family memeber make any contribution to the election campaign?

3 Answers

What was most difficult for you at your previous job?

1 Answer

explain a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?

1 Answer

How you would handle situations.

110 of 1,590 Interview Questions