Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Bank Teller Interview Questions

Bank Teller Interview Questions

Employers hiring bank tellers are looking for candidates who can provide superb customer service regardless of stressful circumstances. Expect a lot of situational or role-play questions that will assess your ability to diffuse unsatisfied customers and handle money professionally. In addition, bank tellers must also be comfortable with counting and handling bills efficiently and accurately, so come prepared to answer a mental math counting teaser.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. Let's role play, sell me a bank product..... 2. If im a customer and I declined what you are trying to sell me...

2 Answers

1. Hello, welcome to chase, how can I be of assistance to you today? I see that you're not enrolled in our chase dollar for dollar, would you like more info on that today? 2. Customer: no, I don't have time. Teller: Well, can I write down your info and have a personal banker call you later? I think this is where I messed up, saying this, lead the branch manager to thinking I was over qualified. She mentioned tellers usually don't want to sale people anything, they just want to do a transaction.

I think you did a great job. Another way to handle it would be (re 2) "I understand. I'd like for our personal banker to provide you with more information. When would be a good time for them to call you"? Then obtain phone number

(1:1 Hiring Mgr) What is the extent of your cash handling experience?

3 Answers

Did you or any family memeber make any contribution to the election campaign?

3 Answers

What is the most important thing about customer service?

are you flexible?

2 Answers

What is exceptional customer service to you?

Tell me about yourself.

Strengths/Weaknesses

1 Answer

Describe a time you had a difficult customer.

1 Answer

If you had a way of doing something that seemed more efficient, then the company told you to do it another way that was less efficient, how would approach that?

110 of 1,157 Interview Questions