Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banker Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Banker Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. Why do you want to work for U.S. Bank? 2. Do you have sales experience? 3. If so, sell me this pen. 4. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?

1 Answer

To answer this question, I would advise the candidate to do some research on U.S. Bank as a company. Find a few interesting key facts that resonate with you and connect it to your own experience. Does the company advocate charity, community involvement, volunteer work, etc.? Do you feel strongly about the company's culture? The second question is one of the most cliche interview questions out there. However, the interviewer wants to see your thought process and ability to execute an intelligent pitch. Instead of describing inventive things that the pen features, focus on asking open ended questions to understand the client's need(s). Believe it or not, you will be executing this type of transaction on the job, so get familiar with it! The remainder of the questions will be generally behavioral. Best of luck and I hope this helps!

At the end of the day with 20 minutes left, what would you do if you hadn't been very successful that day?

1 Answer

A customer who uses a different bank walks into the branch. How do you approach them and what do you say in order to get them to bring their business to Chase?

They were all pretty expected and basic.

Explain to me how you have handled a difficult customer situation and how you resolved the problem.

15 of 5 Interview Questions