Banks & Credit Unions interview questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Interviews

www.usbank.com /  HQ: Minneapolis, MN

823 Interviews

2.6 Easy

Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Case interview: basic business problem (if product X costs Capital One $4.00 per unit, with a $800 sunk cost, and we charge X amount of dollars along with a $10 annual fee, how many do we need to sell to break even, etc). Followed by a longer discussion of more complex problems that the situation might entail.

5 Answers

Mostly algebra, basic economics, and common sense.

total cost= 4x + 800 total income= x^2 + 10x to break even: 4x + 800 = x^2 + 10x solving for x by evaluating the quadratic equation above, x ~= 25.45 To break even, 26 units must be sold

Why is x^2?

Tell me a time when you had to influence clients to follow a different course of action.

1 Answer

a question I remember was "With this tough economy how ccan you be successful"

1 Answer

What is the relationship between software requirements and QA testing?

1 Answer

What would you ask when someone wanted to borrow a money? What specifically would you look at (in the financial statements)?

1 Answer

How does good customer service sounds, feels, and looks like?

1 Answer

What do you do when you have a client who does not agree with your assessment and you have to please him but also comply with the rules and regulations?

1 Answer

What are warning signs of a deteriorating credit?

1 Answer

Only one off the wall question: "What is your favorite FASB pronouncement and why?" I wasn't prepared for this one, but it didn't seem to have a negative impact on my interview.

1 Answer

You own a Beach souvenier shop that sells primarily 4 items. Calculate Profit per month. What are some issues you could forsee in your revenue streams? After additional information is given, calculate seasonal income.

2 Answers