bd’s Mongolian Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at bd’s Mongolian Grill

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at bd’s Mongolian Grill

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Bolingbrook, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

One interview, they ask you easy questions and just want to get to know you as a person and what you could potentially bring to the team. They don't ask many strategic questions if any

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Columbus, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple, given it was just for a server position. Interviewed with the GM of the restaurant. Basic interview questions asked, but the management knows what to look for in employees. Although it is simply a job in a restaurant, business casual attire is expected. Was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Knew it was going to be a place I wanted to work when the final question I was asked was, "What is your favorite cartoon?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Kansas City, KS) in May 2011.

Interview

Had several interviews with the assistant and general manager. Very professional atmosphere, and provided the appropriate questions. They did not waste my time or theirs, and were very prompt in their response. They provided me with enough information that I needed to influence my decision.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience.
      What were my interests and hobbies.
      How do I perform under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Bolingbrook, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied and brought in my application into the location. They called me to set up an interview. the Interview lasted about 20 minutes- they offered me the job that day over the phone. The whole process was very easy and the interview was very casual.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any serving experience   1 Answer

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Okemos, MI).

Interview

Very relaxed, intimate setting that allowed for a fair interview. no need to be nervous. The management are always looking for good quality people. focus on the work ethic side of your background.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Very positive experience. Manager was outgoing and easygoing. The interview was laidback and I did not feel nervous about talking to him. He was very upbeat, friendly, and it went very well. I very much enjoyed meeting with him.

Interview Questions

• It was a very laid back interview. I can't think of any difficult questions that were asked.   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Kansas City, KS) in December 2013.

Interview

Met with the managing partner and went over my resume, Asked about work experience and job duties. Went over my accomplishments with past employers. Was fully explained the job duties that would be expected of me.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work 48-52 hours a week?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill.

Interview

I was promoted from within for this position, which is the case with everyone who wants to be a supervisor as you need to know every front of house and back of house position.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was your basic "tell me about yourself" interview   Answer Question

Back of House Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill in December 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application on sit, and was interviewed. Not hard

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more than min wage and I got it.

Griller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Canton, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

The entire process was only a few days, I got hired on when the restaurant was opening. I filled out the app and turned it into the GM and AGM who were both interviewing applicants. They were both very open about what the position requires and what is expected from the employee.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they paid 7.25 for all hourly employees at the time