bd’s Mongolian Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at bd’s Mongolian Grill

Griller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Canton, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

The entire process was only a few days, I got hired on when the restaurant was opening. I filled out the app and turned it into the GM and AGM who were both interviewing applicants. They were both very open about what the position requires and what is expected from the employee.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they paid 7.25 for all hourly employees at the time

Crew (Diswasher) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Mason, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

I walked into the restaurant to apply for the job and just filled out basic paperwork and the assistant manager told me to call the general manager to set up an interview, which I did. When it was time to interview, the general manager wasn't there so another assistant manager came up to me and offered "part 1" of the interview and he asked me very basic questions such as "tell me about yourself" and other nonsense not related to getting the job. Afterwards he said he would hopefully call me later that day and get up an interview for me with the general manager. He didn't call later that day so I called back the next day to ask for the GM and they said they would tell him and he will get back to me. Nothing. I call again 2 separate times later and got the same response. Still nothing.

Obviously the GM is ignoring me and he knows is; he must have been afraid to tell me that he can't hire me. It's actually good for me because I wouldn't want to work under such an unprofessional manager. Also the restaurant sounds like a dysfunctional workplace because of the lack of communication between the managers saying one thing but not doing it. If I called in 3 times total and they said the manager would get back to me, why wouldn't he get back to me?

Interview Questions

• He didn't even ask anything related to the job, just "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at bd’s Mongolian Grill (Bolingbrook, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied and brought in my application into the location. They called me to set up an interview. the Interview lasted about 20 minutes- they offered me the job that day over the phone. The whole process was very easy and the interview was very casual.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any serving experience   1 Answer