bebe stores Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.4

Sales Associate/Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at bebe stores (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

filled out application come in for interview, asked withing a week to start. Very easy, but looking for knowledge, and experience. The Hiring manager I worked with actually remembered me from a time I shopped with a former lady friend and assisted 3 other clients in choosing their outfits. I basically helped her sales. Came back a few weeks later and she remembered me and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good candidate for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable

Retail Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at bebe stores (Concord, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and she asked me about 12 questions she was extremely nice it was more like girl chat and not so formal.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time I had with a customer and how I handled it   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at bebe stores (Brisbane, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

HR contacts you if they look at your resume and believe you are a good fit for the position. They send you a video interview link with questions that you have to answer(basic questions). Next is that they set up another interview with the department manager, and possible upper management interviews to see if you fit well for the position.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?
      Why do you want to work here?
      other technical questions
      video interview
      Answer Question

Senior Director, Store Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at bebe stores (South San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Three steps: external recruiter contacted me, referred me to the internal HR executive and was then scheduled to meet with the CIO And VP Store Systems, in person at their office.

Interview Questions

• They kept concentrating on the fact that I had not specifically managed the skillset of the employees I would be taking on and wanted to know how I could possibly be effective.   1 Answer

ECommerce Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at bebe stores (Brisbane, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview: Asked me if I had questions, so I posted a question related to the job as it is a hybrid of product and project manager role. There were questions about my familiarity with certain software products that were listed as 'nice to have' (Keynote Scripting and Monitoring,Adobe Scene 7,Adobe Site catalyst/Omniture,recommendation engines,HTML, CSS, JavaScript, AJAX). I stated that I had managed programs with impacts to the the Site Catalyst for reporting aspects, but didn't work directly with these tools, however eager to learn & are confident that I can pick up given my Software engineering background.

Onsite: Interviewer was 10 minutes late. Same interviewer (very high executive) pulled the MS SQL Server code on the screen and asked if I have used the tool for my work as it is needed. My response was no, but I could learn it if required for my job. The next question was how to trouble shoot when an image is missing on the website, what is that due to, what does it translate to? The interviewer asked questions similar to the list during the phone interview and related to the tools listed as nice to have for the job. I explained that I don't know the details, but I had resources who did the configuration and changes to these tools to support the requirements for the project. He explained that he wanted PM who knows them now.

I had a 3 month gab between two recent jobs, he asked if I was fired, so I explained the reason for the gab.

I think it was no good use of my time and the executive's time to arrange face to face interview were a couple detailed questions related to MS SQL Server & Site catalyst could have been asked during the phone interview and determine it was not a good match. I think the list of the nice to have should be moved to the must have section of the job description. I was scheduled in the next hour to interview with the CIO, but was told he became busy!!

All applications are delivered by third party vendors!!

Interview Questions

• MS SQL Server & Site Catalyst eVar's related questions.   Answer Question

ECommerce Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at bebe stores (Brisbane, CA).

Interview

Phone: Asked me about my familiarity with certain software products that were listed as 'nice to have'. I wasn't familiar with them but told them I was eager to learn.

Onsite: Same interviewer asked the exact same questions and was critical when I explained again that I was not familiar with the software but was eager to learn.

Don't understand why they brought me in if they already determined I didn't have the required skills. Overall the experience felt demeaning and the company culture had an unfriendly vibe.

Interview Questions

• Asked exact same questions as with phone screen and almost nothing else. Even though I had 80% of the experience listed in the job description there were some specific products at the end that I had not used but the interview focused on knowing these.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at bebe stores (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Intense but fun. Questions to be answered are for measuring your level of passion and commitment to the company. Your physical appearance, posture, and choice of words all are paid close attention to. The all female environment create a very healthy sense of fashion competition.

Interview Questions

• Who does Bebe clothing target?   1 Answer

Sales Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at bebe stores (Concord, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I sat with the store manager, outside of the store and just talked to her. The interview process was very standard, asked about your experience with customers, personality and skills. I wasn't nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I approach new people.   1 Answer

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at bebe stores (Brisbane, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

They basically grilled me with questions to see if I knew everything about the company and specifics of the job, when I was applying for an entry level position, and I stated I didn't have the experience. I realized that company wasn't for me.