belairdirect Customer Service & Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

belairdirect Customer Service & Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

3.1

Sales & Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at belairdirect (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online
Got a call three days later for phone interview with basic suitability questions. Than, I was sent 2 assessment test, took about 45 min. First one was a call simulation and the second was a personality test. A week later got a call for a face to face interview. Went well with two hirring manager. They are doing my background check. It's been five days and no news yet. Got an offer and accepted

Interview Questions

• A customer calls for a car insurance quote. After giving him all the info. Our quote is less expensive for the same coverage. He thanks you for your service and the quote and says he will think about it and call back because he has been a loyal customer to the other company and he needs to think about it.What do you say to him?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for belairdirect

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at belairdirect (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then in person interview with hiring manager requested to do a role play over the phone, and after this continued with the interview questions, after the interview was offered a tour around the building

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at belairdirect (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was hands down, the best interview process I had. Every single person I interacted with was extremely kind and professional. The first step was a 20-30 minute phone interview, followed by an in person interview with two managers and a tour of the office, and lastly an online exercise and background check. During the in-person interview, I was introduced to a current employee in the role I was interviewing for, and had the opportunity to ask them questions about the role and the company.

Interview Questions

• Many scenario based questions. E.g. How would you deal with an escalating conflict?   Answer Question

Sales & Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at belairdirect.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruitment team. We did an on the phone interview which was about 15 mins on suitability, why you wanted to work for belair direct, related experience. They emailed me an online simulation assessment of call centre customer service. The assessments took me about 45 mins to complete. I was then contracted for an in person interview.. Hard to find reception as it shares the building with intact. Work office was nice and spacious I spoke to two hiring managers and it lasted about an hour. It was a bit overwhelming having both bombard you with questions nonethelesz I felt confident based on my previous experience. I had to wait almost 3 weeks and was contacted by email that I did not get the position even though I have over 4 years of client service experience. Soo disappointed and they took a very long time to come with a decision. I was thinking after all the time wasted with them I would of been offered a position

Interview Questions

• name a time you had deal with an irate client and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question
    • what sets you apart from other candidates   Answer Question
    • you overhear a colleague giving out wrong information over the phone. how would you address them   Answer Question

Sales & Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at belairdirect (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview initially, fairly typical questions. This was followed by a brief online call centre simulation. I was then invited for an in person interview, which is where the process seemed to fall apart a little. Confusion at the reception meant I waited quite a long time to meet with the recruiter, I was given a whirlwind tour of the facilities (which I thought was a nice touch), and then I was put into a room to wait for other individuals (titles/roles not clearly established). Fairly typical questions, gave great information about the hours and compensation. After answering questions for about 45 minutes or so, I was then left for several minutes to wait while the panel of 2 went outside to discuss the interview, when they returned I was told to wait for someone else to come in and talk to me - no explanation given. That person seemed to be a senior CSR, though not a supervisor, and their function they said was to allow me to ask questions. This should have been a positive thing for the company, but at that point the process of waiting repeatedly, the stop/start interview, the lack of clarity around roles of the interviewers, it just felt awkward and lacking in transparency.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you noticed a colleague was giving completely incorrect information to someone on the phone?   Answer Question

Sales & Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at belairdirect (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied to belairdirect and a few days later they called me for a phone interview. After the interview was a module then the in-person interview which took maybe 30-45 mins. The interview went well. Interview questions were like any sales job interview. Having a lot of work experience will help with the interview and getting the position. They look for a lot of sales experience. A couple weeks after the background check, I got an offer. Love working here!

Interview Questions

• - What would you do in a situation a customer was not happy with their insurance rate and wanted to switch to another company?
      - Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and explain how you handled the situation.
      Answer Question

Sales & Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at belairdirect (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

It starts with a phone interview. It starts with them asking us to walk them through our resume, then it goes behavarioul questions. One thing I'll add is that they ask for specific examples. For instance don't just say I have the team spirit, you need to clearly give them an example of situation where you demonstrated it.

Sales & Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at belairdirect (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted a day after applying through website by a recruiter. Had a very simple phone screening interview and then went in for an in-person interview. The interview went well in my opinion, and Belair Direct followed up for a background check quite quickly. They then just never contacted me for almost two weeks and when I finally called them, a unknown recruiter called me back and said they went with another candidate. Would not tell me why.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a colleague that you may have an issue with?   1 Answer

Customer Service & Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at belairdirect (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

At first, I was contacted by phone for a 20 minute interview. Upon answering the questions, the woman had set up an appointment for me to see her for a face to face interview. For both interviews, they expressed a true desire for candidates that had full-time availability and were willing to work for a long-term. The interviewers were extremely relaxed and that made it very comfortable to answer questions and speak confidently. There were many behavioral and situational type questions. I was also given a tour of the actual working environment and had a chance to talk to some other agents. All of them seemed very cheerful and involved in their work. Finally, there was a simulated test to see how well you can multi-task, particularly with inputting and searching data on the computer while speaking to a customer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used the Internet to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • What do you think makes you stand out from all our other candidates?   Answer Question
    • If we were to hire you in this company, where would you see yourself 3 - 5 years from now?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when a client made an unreasonable request from you and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question