benefitsCONNECT Office Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at benefitsCONNECT (Elk Grove, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Nice office, good central location and people seemed friendly enough. Interview started off with whether or not I could name at least 3 previous Nobel Prize winners. I was told if I couldn't name at least 3 previous winners the interview would be over. I suppose this is some sort of intelligence quest. I was able to name 3. They also asked me to attempt to navigate their internal system for finding information on their databse. I was able to find "some" of the information they requested. The job description asked for someone with basic accounting skills, of which I possess. They then brought up their Quickbooks account and asked me to find basic information. I was also able to complete this task. I ultimately received an email that they were looking for someone with more advanced skills in Quickbooks even though the job description made no reference to such a required skill. Approximately 3 weeks later I saw the same ad, the only added information was that a degree was now required. In my opinion, these people are just education snobs. As my experience clearly outweighs any education I could have received almost 20+ years ago. Definitely one of the stranger interviews I participated in.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 previous Nobel Prize Winners   17 Answers
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer