Developer Interview Questions in Bengaluru | Glassdoor

Developer Interview Questions in Bengaluru

6,589

Developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Find all anagrams in a file. Improve the running time to O(n).

7 Answers

for each work in the file, sort the letters in the work and add the result into a stack, if there is a collision, the original word is part of set whose words in that set is an anagram. Since adding to a stack only take O(1) and you must visit each word once, the complexity is O(n).

The way I approach anagrams is that I assign a prime number to each letter and then multiply the letters. In theory, ABC gives you say 3 * 5 * 7 = 105 Any anagram will have letters that when multiplied give you 105. In the solution above, it's far more than O(n) because of the sort step which depending on how you're trying to sort could wind up nlogn or n2 or something like that.

I should note that this is generally good to about 9 characters, at which point overflowing becomes an issue and you'll probably want to go to some construct such as BigInteger in Java or go with what Anonymous presented.

Tell me a palindrome date before 10-02-2001 (mm-dd-yyyy)

7 Answers

You have a list of sentences/words. How to find out the sub list that consists of a specific prefix? Ex: input: prefix="he", list = ["hello", "world", "hello world", "hey dude", "galaxy"....] output: ["hello", "hello world", "hey dude"]

4 Answers

convert binary tree to double linked list

Sorting Algorithms Optimizations from 2 loops to just 1 loop

5 Answers

define and Explain polymorphism in OOP with example.

3 Answers

Is multii level inheritance possible in java ? explain with example.

3 Answers

A question related to some other language...

3 Answers

Two puzzles - One was use 2 eggs, 100 floors building and to find which floor the egg would break from in minimum number of steps. It was new one for me in 2007. Second one was to tell what next in this series 1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221, 312211, 12112221, ...

3 Answers

In a sequence of alphabets (like aaabbddaabbcc) write a program to find the number of the consecutive alphabets in and print the alphabet and number. example :if input is aaabbddaabbcc then output should be 3a, 2b, 2d, 2a, 2b, 2c

4 Answers