Bioinformatics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bioinformatics Interview Questions

Bioinformatics interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What do you know about linkage disequilibrium and it's affect on human genetic disease?

2 Answers

Sounds complicated, but extremely interesting! Did I mention I'm a software guy?

Do they request college transcripts? Or is a proof of degree acceptable?

Given a set of XY pairs I want to create a data structure such that searching, insertion and deletion is extremely fast using the X value. But I also want to be able to find the maximum Y value at any given time. What data structure would you use for this problem? How would you keep track of the maximum Y value? This Y value can also get deleted during the process.

2 Answers

how do u update their flat seq files on a daily base?

1 Answer

How many exomes do you sequence a week?

1 Answer

Introduce a project you did before and introduce your ability of using tools in bioinformatics

1 Answer

Why did you switch from studying microbiology to bioinformatics? Your work involves human cancer and we deal with microbial and fungal genomes. Are you sure this will interest you?

1 Answer

Presentation of a previous research project I worked on, going through the technical details of the project and my contributions, some general bioinformatics/computational biology questions.

What is multiple testing and why is multiple testing a problem? How does multiple testing correction work? also please explain FDR

When do you need to use t-test and when do you use Fisher's exact test when handling genomic data. Give examples.

110 of 54 Interview Questions