Bioinformatics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bioinformatics Interview Questions

Bioinformatics interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What do you know about linkage disequilibrium and it's affect on human genetic disease?

2 Answers

Sounds complicated, but extremely interesting! Did I mention I'm a software guy?

Do they request college transcripts? Or is a proof of degree acceptable?

Given a set of XY pairs I want to create a data structure such that searching, insertion and deletion is extremely fast using the X value. But I also want to be able to find the maximum Y value at any given time. What data structure would you use for this problem? How would you keep track of the maximum Y value? This Y value can also get deleted during the process.

2 Answers

How many exomes do you sequence a week?

1 Answer

how do u update their flat seq files on a daily base?

1 Answer

Introduce a project you did before and introduce your ability of using tools in bioinformatics

1 Answer

Why did you switch from studying microbiology to bioinformatics? Your work involves human cancer and we deal with microbial and fungal genomes. Are you sure this will interest you?

1 Answer

"Besides all your relevant experience, tell me about anproject you conducted during your graduate degree that has no relevance to this positions requirements whatsoever"

Why don't you code in Python like we do?

1 Answer

Presentation of a previous research project I worked on, going through the technical details of the project and my contributions, some general bioinformatics/computational biology questions.

110 of 46 Interview Questions