Bookkeeper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bookkeeper Interview Questions

"Bookkeepers provide essential financial services to companies by keeping track of daily transactions in an organized and useful way. As such, companies will be looking for detail oriented people with experience using industry standard software, especially QuickBooks. No advanced degree is required but previous experience and/or an associate's degree in finance is helpful in attaining this position. "

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

He asked how long I have been keeping books for clients and what type experience that I had with a restaurant.

1 Answer

I have worked with many clients previously in various insutries including restaurants and understand the demands and needs of the restaurant. He owns a small restaurant with less than 50 employees and has recently acquired this restaurant. This new place is larger than his previous and there will be more expense, as well as an increase in projected sales. I was able to come to an agreement as to the terms of the work I perform and that most of the data entry, payroll and tip report would be done in my office as opposed to the restaurant. He was comfortable in meeting with me and allowing me to work in my office and com to the restaurant biweekly.

Do you have experience with QuickBooks?

1 Answer

What are the deadlines for all payroll reporting?

1 Answer

No difficult questions at all.

1 Answer

Do you know how to complete employment tax forms manually?

1 Answer

"Did you know medical insurance premiums are very high and getting higher all the time?"

1 Answer

Are your personal skills good?

1 Answer

How well do you work with other people?

1 Answer

If hired, can you start tomorrow?

110 of 273 Interview Questions