Bookkeeper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bookkeeper Interview Questions

"Bookkeepers provide essential financial services to companies by keeping track of daily transactions in an organized and useful way. As such, companies will be looking for detail oriented people with experience using industry standard software, especially QuickBooks. No advanced degree is required but previous experience and/or an associate's degree in finance is helpful in attaining this position. "

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are the deadlines for all payroll reporting?

1 Answer

Quarterly reports due at end of month following each calendar quarter and year end reporting due bu end of February.

He asked how long I have been keeping books for clients and what type experience that I had with a restaurant.

1 Answer

Saying this interview process was an utter waste of time would be an understatement. Very few questions about my skill set. The co-owner was mostly concerned about my lifestyle and asked questions about my hobbies, interests, and my life experiences. He said he was not concerned about my qualifications and said I was more than qualified with my past work experience and education. I have the impression the co-owner had ulterior motives in interviewing me and other candidates. I feel the interviews went extremely well, he said he would let me know either way within a week. I've contacted him twice (phone and email) to get the status of his decision. He never had the decency to get back to me.

3 Answers

What questions do you have for me?

2 Answers

Why do you want to work at Panda? (The interviewer was looking for a "fit" to the Panda culture not necessarily someone that would stand out)

2 Answers

Do you have any experience with your degree?

Do you use QuickBooks?

Best quality

2 Answers

Why do you want to be part of the Team?

2 Answers

What do you do first when reconciling a bank account?

110 of 384 Interview Questions