Analyst Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Analyst Interview Questions in Boston, MA

"Analysts work in a variety of fields to break down complex problems and find solutions. When interviewing candidates, employers are looking for applicants who have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the field. For more information on the specific questions you'll be asked, try researching a particular role such as business analyst, financial analyst, programming analyst, or data analyst."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"How do you deal with situations when you are leading a project and one or more people do not do their share of the work?"

1 Answer

Respecting the people you work with is key to a successful relationship. When I was "on the hook" for a project and someone didn't complete their quota, I did my best to present the situation it a way that made it a "help me help you" kind of thing. I have to tell my manager that you didn't do your part, so why don't you try to get this done? I don't want to look bad, and I don't want you to look bad.

50,000 shoppers with a 0.5% conversion rate for a chair that costs $250. Wayfair makes a 27% profit. Next, 50,000 shoppers will get a 10% discount. What is the conversion rate they must achieve to achieve the same profits as before?

16 Answers

Describe the different parts of an SQL statement

2 Answers

In a chaotic environment, how would you manage multiple deliverables?

1 Answer

You sell 200 cups of coffee per year at $10 for a cup. It costs you eight dollars to produce a cup of coffee. Would you rather double your price but loose half of the amount you sell or keep the price the same and double the amount that you sell? Which is more realistically feasible?

5 Answers

Scenario: You have 8 golf balls and 1 is heavier than the 7 others. All you have is a balance used in chemistry classes. What is the shortest number of times you could measure the golf balls to find the heaviest ball?

6 Answers

Scenario: If you were running late for a job interview and you had no lights on in your apartment. Let's say you went into your dresser drawer and had to pull out one pair of socks. All you had was black or brown socks. And there were 5 socks total, what is the least amount of pulls you could do?

4 Answers

Your resume is tailored to this job, did you make it up?

3 Answers

What is your career path?

2 Answers

What is the yearly consumption of eggs in the USA

110 of 3,317 Interview Questions