Business Intelligence Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Business Intelligence Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Business intelligence interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Catalogue A costs 90 cents to make per catalog. It has 80 pages. The average order value of a customer who would buy off this catalog is $335 with a profit margin of 30%. The conversion rate is 5%. Catalog B costs $1.5 to make per catalog. It has 160 pages. The average order value of a customer who would buy off this catalog is $295 with a profit margin of 30%. What is the minimum conversion rate we need for Catalogue B to achieve the same overall profits as Catalogue A? After solving for the conversion rate, let’s assume the company decided to go with Catalogue B. If there is a fixed cost of $100,000 for making the catalogs (irrespective of how many catalogs we make), what is the number of people we need to target in order to get a profit of $250,000? (use data for catalog B from the previous question)

If we were to create and send a physical catalog promoting bedroom furniture products, what kind of customers should we target? How would you measure the performance of the catalog?

Decipher this forecasting pseudocode. Tell me about a time you worked with less than full information. Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult stakeholder.

First round - 1. One SQL question (use joins), 2. second coding ques (if you toss a coin n number of times, determine a minimum number of flips required to make them all the same. For eg., if you toss 5 times and the result is 3 heads and 2 tails then min flips to make it all same is 2 (turn all tails to heads) 3. third is an analysis ques in excel file where you have to analyze ice cream sales 4. fourth is a case study where you have to write methods you will use (AB testing, price elasticity etc.) Second round - 1. two maths ques a. two catalogs, small one has 75 pages cost $0.5, has a conversion rate of 3% and attracts a revenue of $250 out of which 25% is profit. Large one has 150 pages, cost $1 and attracts revenue of $260 out of which 25% is profit. Find conversion rate of the large catalog to make the same profit as of small ones. b. If the large catalog is used to market the products and additional expenses cost $90K, how many catalogs should be sent to make a profit of $150K. case study ques - how will you measure the success of a marketing campaign? ans - 1. use coupon codes, 2. see if a similar product is not getting affected (for eg two chairs black and red, if you advertise black its sales will increase but not for red) Onsite - 1. HR (30 mins) - a lot of "tell me about a time " ques... 2. Most complex problem ever solved (30 mins) - describe the toughest problem you solved 3. One hr of an equation study. It has 9 steps and is a time series equation that predicts stock in the inventory using the concept of moving averages. (there is a time series course on edx from MIT, just do that and you should be good)