Director Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Director Interview Questions in Boston, MA

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The initial phone interview was a 'behavioral interview' - questions about how I manage people, how I handle situations, my communication styles etc.

1 Answer

I answered all questions honestly - managing people is hard so I have examples of challenging moments and how I over came them, when I asked for help form HR or my boss and work examples of how my communications skills brought teams together and delivered powerful outputs

Nothing really too crazy. I did one "case" interview which was less structured compared to other firms--more just brainstorming. The hardest question for me was, "describe a situation where someone who worked for you was underperforming, and what did you do to help the situation?"

1 Answer

Honestly, the interviewer did not ask any meaningful or difficult questions; rather, he chose to fixate on my tenure with past organizations. In retrospect, his approach was antagonistic (really, the worst interview ever).

1 Answer

The panel was diverse so questions ranged from BI to product to audience to change methodology. A++ for this. Conversely, this panel didn't reflect the same concepts about the job's imperatives and priorities. So, possibly a better paving of the way for a new role was needed since it's highly likely that any OCM function works with multiple stakeholders who are responsible for achieving various people, function, process goals and enterprise and department brand and business aspirations and objectives.

1 Answer

Are you afraid of the phone

1 Answer

very standard. mostly about meeting with different division heads to see if you are a "good fit for the culture" very much about culture"

1 Answer

What kind of manager are you?

1 Answer

Nothing unusual, just about my experience and how I could apply it to the company (which is very disorganized).

1 Answer

The initial interviews were based on my skills and experience. Both technical and management questions. I was asked what my strongest and weakest skills were, how I handled specific situations and provided examples on each one. Each interviewer was very respectful of my time and extremely knowledgeable in their areas of expertise.

1 Answer

Lots of situational questions. What would you do if.... what would you say to a family member if... what would you do if you found one of your staff sleeping on the job.

110 of 455 Interview Questions