Product Manager Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Product Manager Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Often considered the "CEO" of their product area, product managers oversee the strategy, production, and implementation of a particular product. Because product management teams include members from different backgrounds such as engineering, design, and data design, product managers must have strong communication skills and excel in cross-functional work environments. Expect to answer questions about your management abilities, prioritization skills, and experience working in product. Though not required, technical backgrounds are advantageous particularly when applying for roles at tech companies.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How much are you making now and what are your requirements.

2 Answers

Proceeded to tell me I need to be more upfront and that recruiters need to know how much I make and my salary requirements specifically. She asked me if I had a lot interviews had because I need to be forthcoming. I was ticked off, but held my cool and acted very professional. In fact, I even sent her a follow up email after finding out I was not selected because they went with an internal hire.

Of course that is illegal, but yeah they expect you to provide it anyway. Which is just bad form, and of course explicitly illegal.

Should Amazon sell cars?

1 Answer

Explain what an API is and how it works. Talk about the most technical project you've worked on, the successes and failures within it. I actually had a very rude experience unfortunately. The phone interview went really well where they said I would most likely be a good fit. Flew out to meet with the team for an hour interview - turns out they needed 3 hours so they messed up the scheduling. This caused for a rushed interview. I was initially supposed to interview with 3 people however 2 out of the 3 people were "too busy" to interview (literally, word for word). So they threw together a couple people to interview me within the relative fields. It felt very unprofessional and didn't seem like they cared.

Whether I had technical skills

1 Answer

As you go through your product, depending on your interviewer, you'll be asked a lot of "why" and then "how did that work for you?" I think you can't go wrong thinking really hard about "what are you most proud of?"

1 Answer

Diagram a Visio-type work flow for how you might design an ATM.

1 Answer

Why would you be the best candidate for this role?

1 Answer

Mostly questions around Amazon leadership principles

2 Answers

Describe the process you would put in place with engineering?

110 of 216 Interview Questions