Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions in Boston, MA

"As a senior business analyst, you are being hired for your years as a business analyst, providing you with the experience and guidance that other business analysts need. Interviewers want to see that you are capable of taking on more complex projects by testing your Excel skills, ability to perform an analysis, and leadership in a team setting. Be prepared to focus on your previous experiences with data, multi-tasking, and organizations and how it has all culminated to help you make sound decisions for the company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Another surprise was from CIO - The very first question from him was "what is so tough about fixed income?". I was not expecting such a question from a Senior Vice President.

1 Answer

Answer that I gave was "Accruals"

The VP asked about past experience with difficult managers.

1 Answer

Have you ever dealt with a strong personality? And how did you handle the situation if you required work from them?

1 Answer

Didn't find any difficulty in interview. All were related to domain. Anyone with good domain experience can crack easily.

1 Answer

How proficient are you in using excel?

1 Answer

Describe your past experience, how many people you worked for, what was reporting structure

1 Answer

I would say, I was asked three very unexpected questions : A Business Systems Analyst Manager asked me 1) to calculate variation margin on a futures position

1 Answer

2) Difference between Floating rate and a Variable rate ( This question and the answer from him did not make sense to me)

2 Answers

What products in the market are getting attention and why do you think they are relevant?

Case questions involving playing with numbers and representing them as functions and formulas.