Software Test Engineer Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Software Test Engineer Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Software test engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I had to do a presentation on one of my course project. Then there was 1 he interview asking me in depth of my project and my resume. Then there was a coding session with 2 questions.

1 Answer

Basic string and array questions

What is an example of a personal project? Explain in detail. What did you learn from it?

1 Answer

Why did you apply to Eze Software?

1 Answer

Programming/OOP Basics including: What is an interface and how do you use it? What data structures can you list off the top of your head? How do you implement a hash map and how is it used? Public vs. Private vs. Protected? What is encapsulation and why not just use "private" to protect data? What is inheritance (give an example)? What is polymorphism (example)? What is method overloading & overriding? What is an example of a non-OOP language? What is the Agile methodology? What is Unit Testing? Explain all of these thoroughly.

1 Answer

Give an example of a time you worked in a team. Was there a time you disagreed with a team member? If so, how did you resolve the conflict?

1 Answer

What do you like to do in your free time for fun/Who are you as a person?

1 Answer

What was a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?

1 Answer

Three brainteasers: You have a gold bar and you need to pay an employee once a day for a week. You can cut it twice only. How do you pay him each day of the week for all seven days? There are three barrels with fruit in them. One has strawberries, one has bananas, and the last has a mixture of both. They're all labeled incorrectly. How can you figure out which barrel contains which fruit with 100% certainty? You have 27 black socks, 18 dark gray socks, and 9 navy blue socks in a drawer. The room is completely dark and you cannot see anything. What is the least number of socks you need to grab to guarantee you have a pair of black or dark gray socks? You have ten bags of 100 gold coins and a scale. Nine of the bags have fools gold (which weigh 1.1g each coin), and the last bag is real gold (1g/coin). You can only weigh ONE TIME total. How do you find the real bag of gold with 100% certainty?

1 Answer

In MATLAB, difference between functions and scripts, try-catch function, optimization techniques (vectorization, zero initialization) and other basic questions available in glassdoor in application support engineer interview reviews. In C & C++, difference between macros and functions, datastructures and algorithm, Oop concepts like abstract classes, virtual functions, static functions. One interviewer asked me questions related to the presentation I did for onsite interview. The presentation had a project in image processing, and there were questions on why I used certain things. The interviewer asked me about video processing and object tracking as well.

1 Answer

Algorithm questions, design questions, test automation, projects, behavioral. I say just be yourself otherwise you come across as phoney