Data Scientist Interview Questions in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor

Data Scientist Interview Questions in Boulder, CO

"Every business collects data, and it's the job of the data scientist to analyze, interpret, and communicate that information in a way that will help drive company decisions. In an interview, expect to answer technical questions about your ability to perform quantitative tests as well as create clear visualizations of large, complex data sets. Come ready to discuss past projects you've worked on and how you communicate data findings clearly and concisely in order to help solve business-related problems."

Top Interview Questions

How does machine learning work?

1 Answer

I started giving a brief overview of the math/flow of data and how it back-propogates. I was told to give a less "mathy" answer so I fumbled trying to find the correct amount of technicality. Anyway, after 15 seconds he interrupted me and asked me if NN memorize the training images. (they don't) I said that they didnt and we kinda argued for a minute then he started laughing to someone that I guess was in the room and ended the call by saying "I dont need anything else, do you?"

How to debug slowdowns on the worker nodes in the distributed setting?

Linux doesn't contain 'real' files. Where can runtime system information (e.g. system memory, devices mounted, hardware configuration, etc) be found?

2 Answers

Do you have experience in Hydrologic modeling

1 Answer